[solved] Volume OSD and keyboard keys not working (1 Viewer)

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I upgraded to MP 1.13 and recognized that the volume OSD is not longer working. No matter on which screen I am or which skin I use. Additionally I recognized that the keyboard keys +-= and M for mute are not changing the volume as Configuration/General/Keyboard Default Shortcuts states. I have two machines, a HTPC with TV server and client and desktop PC with client only. On both machines the keyboard keys for volume have no effect. For the HTPC I have a multimedia keyboard with special volume keys which work and a remote control that works too. But in no case appears the volume OSD. The desktop PC has a standard 102 key keyboard and I checked everything out but nothing changes the volume, therefore I cannot say if the OSD would work. I also changed in Configuration/General/Volume Settings several times between 'Master Volume' and 'Wave' with no effect.

The problem seems to be independent of the skin. I use an adapted Titan but also tried the new default HD which has hopefully also a volume OSD.

With 1.12 the OSD worked fine with the remote control on the HTPC and with the keyboard on the desktop PC. I don't know if the keyboard keys +-= did work for the HTPC before because the was no reason for me to try because everything worked fine.

A side effect is that also the volume display of the Futaba display in the HTPC case is vanished.

Logs are attached.

Regards,
uxDesign

tomtg

Portal Member
September 2, 2009
Hi,
same here.

No Volume OSD in LiveTV, Watch Video.
Volume Bar on my MDM166A also missing since Upgrade to MP13

Br
Tom