[fixed] Volume up doesn't work on WinVista/7! (1 Viewer)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I turn down the volume I can't turn it up again.
    This happens if the OSD is gone. After that the maximum volume is the ony which I set before.
    I only can reset to maximum, when I use the Windows Setting for MediaPortal-application.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Turn down the Volume until you see 3 dashes.
    2. Wait until the osd is gone
    3. Try to turn louder.
    --> There you can see, that the volume doesn't increase over these 3 dashes anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tested it with both 'Wave' & 'Master Volume', but everything is working just fine here.

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Had the same problem when wave volume (default) was set (could only turn 2 bars up), after switching to master volume it is working the way it should.
    ps was using wave with 1.2.3. as well and did not have the problem

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had the same problem after I installed 1.3 alpha. The problem is in the MediaPOrtal Configuration panel - Volume Settings, the Scale setting was set to Windows XP. Once I changed this to the Windows Vista / 7 setting all worked well.

Cheers.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got the same Problem. However for me it is a 1.3 Alpha problem, i guess OP just forgot to mention this.
    I turned down my volume to zero, by pressing "-" on my keyboard. Now i can only raise it back up to level 2, as this is the maximum. Restarting mp doesnt help. Using mp 1.3 alpha on my laptop, no hdmi output or something like that.

edit: just changed the scale setting to Windows Vista / 7, like metropolis suggested and can confirm that this fixed it. So the initial value after installation of mp is wrong and breaks volume control on Vista and 7 machienes.

Last edited:

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah ok I thought I changed already to Vista/7 but I will have another look on it!

Thank you!

Edit:
    Yes this war really the problem! Thank you again!

Last edited:

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The patch in post #2 has been built in for 1.3a I believe. The default setting is likely not incorrect. If you did the install as an upgrade, it shouldn;t change your settings, so it will still be set to WAVE control. The new patch supports MASTER volume control, but you have to change to it in config.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The patch in post #2 has been built in for 1.3a I believe. The default setting is likely not incorrect. If you did the install as an upgrade, it shouldn;t change your settings, so it will still be set to WAVE control. The new patch supports MASTER volume control, but you have to change to it in config.

Sorry, No :)

batches are for 1.2.x versions. It is included into 1.3.x

Br

maverickmu

March 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had the same problem with the 1.3 Alpha
    after setting in configuration to Windows 7 as mentioned above everything is working
    Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom