Volume varies randomly, OSD is active (1 Viewer)

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello everyone,

I've been using mediaportal for quite some time and this problem cropped up fairly recently.

What happens is that during certain movies playback (I'd say mostly sd) the volume osd appears on screen and the volume starts varying randomly. Going from almost zero to full.

I usually don't control the volume through mediaportal but through the tv/receiver. Never saw the volume osd before that problem started.

The htpc outputs the picture to the tv by an hdmi cable. Audio goes from the soundcard to the receiver by a jack/cinch cable.

Remote is a logitech harmony one.

I'm a bit at a loss about what setting might cause this problem... it looks like a kind of dynamic volume variation.

The ir icon on the htpc case isn't blinking when the problem appears so it doesn't seem related to the harmony remote acting up.

Mediaportal version is 1.2.3
    windows 7/x64

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Josh

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Joshyy,

I've experienced something similar when my Keysonic RF keyboard's batteries were running low and a few odd things happened including random pauses, fast-forwards, and indeed the volume randomly increasing. I changed the batteries and the problem stopped. Is your Harmony One fully charged?

Cheers
    Si

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey Si,

Thanks for the answer, I just noticed that my dinovo edge bluetooth keyboard had the volume leds flickering when the problem happened.

Seems similar to what you describe. Going to investigate it a bit more.

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just in case, it was the bluetooth keyboard acting up indeed.

The keyboard I own (logitech dinovo edge) has the particularity of being "on" while charging on the charging stand, even if the power switch is in the "off" state.

And it's tactile volume slider sometimes activates on its own.

So a quick and simple solution for me was to take the power cord out of the charging stand, so I can still use it to rest the keyboard. When the keyboard is not charging, it's really "off" when the power switch is on "off".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom