Volume very low when listening music (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a problem when I hear music that the volume is very low. I have to tune the volume up that I can hear anything. When I watch TV or watch a movie the volume is much more louder. At the past I had my A/V Receiver volume at 20 and now I have to tune to 40.
I`m using a A/V Recieiver with HDMI, motherboard integrated HD Audio from Intel. In the MPConfigs I tested it with master audio and with wave and did already disable volume control and my volume plugin but nothing did take affect. What could be the problem?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I wonder if this is related to my problem since updating to 1.4.0. When I start a track in a folder, I basically don't hear anything. The elapsed/remaining time counters work as usual. If I turn up the volume to 100% and check Windows mixers are all at 100%, I can just hear the song playing in the background. Selecting a different track using up/down and Enter makes no difference. However, if I execute the Next Track or Previous Track function then it springs back into life at normal volume and continues working fine selecting other tracks individually. If I then navigate to a different folder to start a track playing, the same problem occurs. The family are always now using the Next/Prev track buttons on the remote to get the sound working. It is 100% consistent.

I'm surprised this issue hasn't been raised before.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed for me that when I start a playlist and the last song is played that the volume is sometimes getting a little bit louder. For the next songs/playlist the volume stays at that level. Skip or previous track doesn't change anything.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It may relate to either having different codecs setup for music or using pass through for movies which skips the windows sound setting. Fix by using a consistent decoding method. Or keep all windows audio volume to Max always and only control volume via amp.

If you are serious then

Disable My Volume Plugin
    Turn all windows vol levels to max in volume tray icon volume mixer.
    Consult my playback guide (in my sig) - disable all passthrough modes decode everything via LAV using MPAR. Make sure exclusive mode is enabled.
    Set Music to WASAPI.

Don't ever adjust the windows volume again. Control volume using the Receiver/TV.

Try playing a few tracks see if you have equal volume levels between movies + music.

If not equal volume then change music to Bass Player
    Adjust "output level" up or down to match Movie volume.

Problem Solved.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you use BASS player adjust Output level to 100 (Default is 85).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom