vs MediaMonkey (1 Viewer)

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Helmut. It sounds like you have done us all yet another amazing service. Thank you for all your effort! I haven't tried it out yet but was wondering what this does that MediaMonkey does not? I assume at one point you have tried MM considering it's one of the most popular ones out there. So far MM has met all my needs and everything appears in MP correctly. But if there is an advantage I might want to check it out. Thanks again!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To be honest, i was not loooking at other editors besides Id3-Tagit and The Godfather, before i started to write MPTagThat.
    So i haven't looked at MM very closely.

i started MPTagThat more out of fun, to discover the possibilities of taglib# and then i kept adding more and more.
    I don't want to compete with other editors out on the market.
    I just want to have a tool, which helps me editing my music collection in an efficient way.

And most important for me:if some feature is missing, i can add it. :)

vjdjoe

October 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    You could add to MPTagThat (Columns that Display) to be next to the item BPM "KEY" (Harmonic Key)?
    THX
    Joe

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm not sure if i understand you.

What information do you want to have displayed?
    Are you talking about a specific ID3 Frame?

vjdjoe

October 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I use software MixInKey for determining the composition and harmonic They needed that would be displayed in your software and BPM and KEY item. BPM is displayed, but not KEY.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've never heard of the term Key.
    Is this software writing something into the ID3 Tags?
    You might look at the TAB named "User Defined Tags", if you see some TXXX tag, which contains the Key.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Helmut. It sounds like you have done us all yet another amazing service. Thank you for all your effort! I haven't tried it out yet but was wondering what this does that MediaMonkey does not? I assume at one point you have tried MM considering it's one of the most popular ones out there. So far MM has met all my needs and everything appears in MP correctly. But if there is an advantage I might want to check it out. Thanks again!
    I couldn't get MM to work to save me. It doesn't appear very user friendly. I got a list after it scanned my files and when I clicked, what I thought was the add button, it put the info and art from one artist in all tags of about 900 songs.

I've not tried MPTagThat, but is there one of these auto-taggers that you don't have to manually do each song? I thought they would do everything automatically and perhaps ask on certain songs for the user to clarify the info, but I find I have to search the Net for which album the song was in, then do a search from the app, then select an album from an often very long list, and then it adds the tags. Why can't they search the song title and artist rather than the album name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom