[User Help Wanted] Wake On Lan support for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I also discovered with the plugin installed on the client, it takes considerably longer for the Splash Screen to go away....
    I replied in the other thread ;) from your logs it looks like it was OnlineVideos causing the delay, this plugin initialises in its own thread so shouldn't cause a delay

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Country flag
    @happyf1sh The plugin should now wait for the network connection to become available before sending the WOL packet (by default it will wait for up to 20 seconds). Hopefully this will fix your issues when waking the client.
    @Brownard 2 x appologies :(:( 1) I just spotted this so I have only just started to test 2) As I was testing I noticed that I still had the same problem ..... but as it happened the server never actually went to sleep. The inability of the client to connect after a sleep seems unreleated to the WOL and is more fundamental.

I will investigate more over the next few days and feedback.......

Update:
    The WOL does wake up the sever (y)(y) after the client has awoken from sleep.... tested a few times. Takes about 11 seconds.

The bad new (for me) is the client never finds the server after the wakeup. I have to re-start the client application to discover the server. So this is a different prob. and off topic here.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    hello guy's, sorry to not respond earlier.
    i'm testing on actual release, and it seems not work anymore.
    i have these hardwareadress stored in setting file
    <HardwareAddress>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</HardwareAddress>

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Country flag
    hello guy's, sorry to not respond earlier.
    i'm testing on actual release, and it seems not work anymore.
    Thanks for testing. Attached is a version with more logging, can you run it and post the results.
    WARNING: This will log the IP and MAC addresses of all computers in your network so you can PM me if preferred.

Attachments

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Country flag
    @azzuro thanks for the logs, I've uploaded a new version to the first post which I think should fix it, can you give it a try (the additional logging has been removed).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    hello
    the client dont staer the server
    [2017-05-18 07:17:20,300] [2459 ] [15 ] [INFO ] - WakeOnLanHelper: Waking server at fe80::983c:afa7:a34c:c3e4 using port 1234

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    D Correct wake-on-lan settings General 3
    D Enhance "wake on lan" feature (on demand, not on start) Feature Requests 6
    M Wake on LAN - I don't think it's broadcasting Installation, configuration support 1
    D Media Portal wake schedule General Support 29
    G [fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 2.2 Archive 32
    A [solved] After wake up no recording until client is active 2.2 Archive 9
    Requiem HTPC waking up every night General 0
    D [solved] TV Server no longer waking up thr PC for sceduled recordings General 12
    U IR Blaster doesn't work after system wake/resume General Support 6
    B PC not waking from sleep and TV (only) audio out of sync with new TCL 4K TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    ajs Trakt crashed Mediaportal if no Internet in home lan Trakt 2
    mrmojo666 seek video over lan very slow for big and highbitrates videos General Support 11
    CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 6
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
    doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
    cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
    C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    E M3U Playlist and EPG Support/Configuration Installation, configuration support 1