Wake On Lan support for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    can you merge this one to MP2.2 ?
    Does the plugin not work if you just copy the folder over? I haven't even merged it into 2.1.2 yet but may do soon.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Does the plugin not work if you just copy the folder over? I haven't even merged it into 2.1.2 yet but may do soon.
    i do it.
    few conflict with merging, but my local folder include one extra commit for build login during release build.
    need to upgrade to .net47 and all is good

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wol doesn't work for me. in MP2.4 (tvmosaic) there is a directory 'WakeOnLan.Client'. The files there seem to be the same. Even so, WOL does not work. Is there anything else I can test?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    wol doesn't work for me. in MP2.4 (tvmosaic) there is a directory 'WakeOnLan.Client'. The files there seem to be the same. Even so, WOL does not work. Is there anything else I can test?
    Hi, can you post a set of client debug logs showing it trying to wake the server, i.e. put the server to sleep and then restart the client then post the resultant logs

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I saw in the logs that the wrong server is there, although I changed it in the settings in MP2.
    So you don't have to look for it first.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, here are the LOGS
    Thanks, it looks like your MP2 server is on the same machine as the client, is that correct? Are you trying to wake a different machine that isn't running the MP2 server? If so that currently isn't supported.

EDIT: Just seen your later reply, so you have MP2 server running on the machine you are trying to wake and you've attached to client to it at least once? Can you post a set of debug logs showing the client connected to the server as I can't see any connection in any of your client logs?

Last edited:

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it gets a little complicated.
    The MP2 client runs on a laptop.
    the MP2 server (+ TV Moasic server) runs on a PC. At the same time I have a TV Mosaic server running on my NAS.
    So far I've done my tests on the NAS. I had stored the corresponding IP in the MP2 configuration.
    For the test of WOL I deactivated the TV-Mosaic server on the NAS and entered the IP of the PC in the client. That doesn't seem to be properly stored internally in MP2. The client is apparently still trying to access the NAS.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    the MP2 server (+ TV Moasic server) runs on a PC. At the same time I have a TV Mosaic server running on my NAS.
    OK, currently the client only supports waking the machine running the MP2 server, so it does not currently support waking your NAS, and it sets/updates the address to wake automatically when the client connects to the MP2 server (overwriting anything that was previously stored in settings).

I had stored the corresponding IP in the MP2 configuration.
    For the test of WOL I deactivated the TV-Mosaic server on the NAS and entered the IP of the PC in the client. That doesn't seem to be properly stored internally in MP2. The client is apparently still trying to access the NAS.
    Can you confirm which setting you are updating here and where you are entering it? If you want to 'attach' the client to the PC running MP2 server you should do so in Settings->General->Connectivity->Home Server, possibly selecting 'Detach from home server' first if the client was previously attached to a different server. After attaching to the PC server the client should in theory wake the PC automatically in future.

I can try and look into adding a configurable list of additional servers that the client will wake to enable support for waking your NAS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom