WASAPI Exclusive mode? (1 Viewer)

diablosv

Portal Member
November 1, 2008
Home Country
Hi,

I have used your ASIO plugin with ASIO4ALL in the past which was great for SPDIF, but ever since getting a videocard that does HDMI audio, ASIO just doesn't work well as it just pushes audio out all 7 speakers, yes I know in your plugin you can configure it to only play in the 2 front speakers but it still doesnt sound right and the reciever still pops up in multi channel mode.

The best solution I have found so far is to use WASAPI Exclusive mode , which is able to send the correct stereo channel information to the reciever, it is also clear as day that it sounds so much better than anything else I have tried.

There is a thread about trying to get the Media Portal team to implement WASAPI Exclusive mode, but so far there has been no answers to this, so I am wondering if the great developer :D of this plugin have ever considered implementing it?

Right now I use Foobar with the WASAPI plugin, and I have to close Media Portal and open Foobar myself as the Foobar plugin for Media Portal doesn't work:confused:!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Implementing WASAPI support is definately on the list, i've been experimenting with it already. Unfortunately my current personal situation does not allow me to spent much time on it, but it will be there one day :)

Ejorne

Portal Member
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Implementing WASAPI support is definately on the list, i've been experimenting with it already. Unfortunately my current personal situation does not allow me to spent much time on it, but it will be there one day :)

Oh jeah, that would be great.

I switched from soundcard lately and now i dont need asio anymore but now i need wasapi for bitperfect playback.

I switched to xbmc but i want to go back to mediaportal!

Within xbmc i can't use vst plugins and i neeeeeeeeeed to pEQ my roomsound or use DRC roomcorrection.

I know you are the man behind the pure-audio-plugin (wow i loved that plugin with my emu0404usb asio card) but should it be possible to implement wasapi in the whole MP program so that i could be used to watch movies also?

It's not that i need wasapi for movies. Listening music is far more important to me. But it would be nice if it should be possible to use wasapi in all the MP.

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country

Hows things going?
    I will be eternally greatfull if you implement this.... Media Portal is just so useless for music playing on my setup... it makes me sad :( :oops:

redmist

Portal Member
    June 10, 2011
    Home Country
    +1 for WASAPI support. ASIO barely works with anything these days and has lots of issues. The WASAPI mode in JRiver Media Center sounds immaculate and "just works" with all nVidia/AMD HDMI cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom