Washed out colors (1 Viewer)

Prof. Orribilus

January 10, 2013
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello.

I have installed MediaPortal 1.3.0 BETA and separately MySQL 5, FFDShow Tryouts, and CyberLink PowerDVD 12. All this on Windows XP Professional 32-bit Service Pack 3.
The problem i have is that all videos' (DVD and not) colors are correct if played in Windows Media Player 12, but washed out (black as dark grey) if played in MediaPortal and PowerDVD.

The following is my hardware configuration:
Motherboard: ASRock G43Twins-FullHD
Processor: Intel E5200
RAM: 3GB
Videocard: ATI Radeon X800GT All In Wonder 128MB PCI-Ex (Stock driver; it should be Catalyst 5.x)
Audiocard: Integrated

What can be the cause? The old ATI driver? But why color washing out doesn't happen in Windows Media Player 12? Because it uses a different video renderer (i have got the proof of that by clicking with right mouse on FFDShow Video Decoder tray icon: WMP12 uses VMR while MediaPortal uses VMR9/EVR)?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome Prof. Orribilus,

First check you ATi CCC settings for Video -> Advanced Color -> Dynamic Range. This should be set to Limited 16 - 235
    2nd check the Video Renderer settings in MP Config -> Codecs and Renderer -> tab 'Video Renderer' and select VMR9 there (if it isn't).

Prof. Orribilus

January 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi and welcome Prof. Orribilus
    :)

First check you ATi CCC settings for Video -> Advanced Color -> Dynamic Range. This should be set to Limited 16 - 235

2nd check the Video Renderer settings in MP Config -> Codecs and Renderer -> tab 'Video Renderer' and select VMR9 there (if it isn't).
    There isn't an "Advanced Color" section. Also, i have tried both VMR9 and EVR obtaining the same result.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you install the latest drivers for your card? According to the ATi download site, Catalyst 10.2 is the latest version for your card :(

Prof. Orribilus

January 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Did you install the latest drivers for your card? According to the ATi download site, Catalyst 10.2 is the latest version for your card :(
    That drivers doesn't detect my card, previous versions like 9.3 does; but even with this one the colors are washed out. Due both to this and to the fact that these new drivers cause problem with TV functionality of my All In Wonder, i have decided to reinstall those supplied with the card.

Prof. Orribilus

January 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have found on the web a hidden registry setting for old Catalyst drivers. It's about the conversion from 16-235 typical SD material coding to 0-255 PC and HD material one.

Thank you at all for his time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom