Watch and Record TV at the same time? (1 Viewer)

Coranth

Portal Member
November 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm running MePo on my gaming/multimedia PC at home as a single-seat setup, and can happily watch TV via a Compro E750 TV Tuner. This is a dual digital TV tuner card, but I can only seem to watch OR record TV; I can't watch and record at the same time. How do I set up Mediaportal so I can do this? I'm a complete noob and have set up the basic stuff (basic tv watching, music, pictures, video folders, radio, etc.) but I'm not sure about anything else. In my TV Server Configuration, the list looks like this:

4 RadioWebStream
3 VideoMate E750
2 VideoMate E750
1 Mediaportal IPTV Source

I don't know anything about TV Combinations or TV Mapping... :(

TV Server Configuration is quite intimidating... Help?

Confused noob is confused.

(A nice idea for future MePo versions would be some setup-wizards / first-run wizards for newbs like me, though expert MePo users could disable them. "Hey, we've found you have a Dual TV Tuner in your Computer / A Hybrid Card / Two or more TV Cards; would you like us to set it/them up for you?" And you'd click yes; then all channels would be scanned and it'd be all set up for you so you could just get to watching/recording TV right away. I know I know, no one really likes "casualfags" or whatever the elite zealots call us these days... bur I think if you implemented something like this and pushed/advertised it, you'd probably get a LOT more users wanting to check out this incredible Media Centre software.

P.P.S That Titan Skin is a pleasure to see whenever I run MePo; it's so damn classy on the eyes...)

Last edited:

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Go to Tv-Server configuration ad open Tv-channels - Channel mapping.

First select the correct Tuner from the pull down menu in the upper part of the menu.
    select all channels listed there and press the button with right Arrow

The selected channels should now appear in the list on the right side.
    With this step you've mapped all selected channels to the other Tuner.

Repeat these steps with the other Dual tuner and everything should be working (leave the builtin IP and Radio as they are)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

At least, when we have (normal because pre/post recordings) overlaps with recorded TV episodes, we know where we are with watched/not watched status, with this. I know that I have to resume with episode 6 where, it was not the case if we didn't go at the end of the file, before ....
    At least, when we have (normal because pre/post recordings) overlaps with recorded TV episodes, we know where we are with...
    Hello, Because we already have "Reset watched status" in TV Recorded : I need to also have "Set watched status" in TV Recorded...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.25.0 All Cards Busy DE
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this problem (so there is probably more than one cause). Your symptoms (one tuner working, others not working for simultaneous use) suggest that you have setup only one tuner (so TV Server can use only one...
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this...
    I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels However if I try to record a program and watch another station...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom