Watch one channel, but listen to another (or web radio) (1 Viewer)

c128

Portal Member
July 17, 2007
Is there a nice way, just within Mediaportal, to configure watching one channel whilst getting the audio from another DVB channel, or perhaps watching a broadcast TV channel whilst listening to streamed internet radio?

I'm thinking more more about how I'm going to watch F1 this year which, at least here in the UK, I'm planning on my second year of watching FTA via the German RTL channel on Astra 19.2 DVB-S but listening to the English commentary on Radio 5 Live.

I have a couple of workarounds in the shape of configuring my amp to have audio input from a digital radio but video from Mediaportal, and muting the Mediaportal broadcast DVB-S audio and using the audio streaming from a web page for the radio channel, but I wondered whether there was a nice, and less clunky way, of doing this just within Mediaportal, maybe using a web radio plugin and doing some magic with the respective audio volumes? Or perhaps something a bit nicer :) ?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not possible with mediaportal one, but mediaportal two which sports pIp will do that.

you can probably play the radio stream in a different program in the background, which watching the chanel with mp.

Last edited:

c128

Portal Member
    July 17, 2007
    not possible with mediaportal one, but mediaportal two which sports pIp will do that.

you can probably play the radio stream in a different program in the background, which watching the chanel with mp.

Oh - hadn't thought of that at all, thanks!

I know Mediaportal 2 isn't quite prime time (yet) but that gives me a reason to give it a go on a separate install...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom