"Watch TV" option no longer does anything after tv server reinstall (1 Viewer)

binman_uk

Portal Member
November 10, 2009
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 x86
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1.5TB x3
Memory: 2GB Corsair XMS3 Dominator DDR3, PC3-12800 (1600)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (Onboard)
Video Card Driver: Catalyst (9.16)
Sound Card: Realtek ALC889a
Sound Card AC3: Yes (but not used)
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: TechnoTend C-1501
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV HD
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Virgin (ex-TW)
HTPC Case: Antec Sonata
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: Antec True 380s
Remote: TechnoTend C-1501 Standard Remote
TV: Toshiba Regza 42XV635DB
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

In order to stop some HD stuttering issues introduced in RC3/RC4 I removed the tv server only and reinstalled it to see if it fixed the problem. The install went ok and timeshifting etc seems to work within the tv server config but when I go to the "Watch TV" option in the MediaPortal menu it just loops straight back to the main menu again. Any idea how to fix this? I'm sure it must be something simple.

I didn't file this as a bug report as I'm sure it's just a config issue...

Cheers,
Binny

binman_uk

Portal Member
November 10, 2009
UK
Home Country
*Bump* any ideas? Really need this working before the footy starts tomorrow :).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    If you run the installer again with everything at default, does it show the tvplugin presently installed, if not let it install, otherwise logs in debug mode needed.

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I tried a delete and re-install once again and it still does the same thing. When I re-run the installer, all components are listed as "installed" or "configured" so it seems to be ok from that perspective.

When I click on the "TV" icon in MediaPortal using the default skin it just zooms out a bit and then zooms back in without actually doing anything.

Find the logs attached. Hopefully this is something simple so I can get watching/recording footy today :).

Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Your logs show nothing useful in diagnosing what is wrong which I find very strange, even the tv log is almost empty ie no epg grab, just nothing, did you even try running tv.

ps try changing your windows user dpi from 120 back to 96dpi, see if anything changes then.

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Yes of course I tried the TV :). Thats the weird thing.. when I click on it it selects the option, refreshes the screen and goes straight back to the main menu with "TV" highlighted again. It was fine before the deleting and reinstall of the TV Server. It looks as though a link is broken somewhere within the menu. Unfortunately I can see a complete reinstall coming here but I really (really) don't want to spend ages doing that.

The annoying thing is that the streaming works fine - I can watch telly on my laptop ok.

Do you think it's best to do a complete reinstall using the backup plugin, but only restore the MediaPortal bit and not the TV bit? Or is that likely to restore the broken menu settings?

Cheers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Can you post the main pc logs using debugs 3rd option, just collect logs after successfully streaming to the laptop.

I know it shows the tvplugin as installed, but is it enabled and configured ;)

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Another re-install using the defaults seems to have fixed it this time - it looks as though it wasn't installed properly after all. Thanks for your help.

I'm now getting another issue though - "UNABLE TO PLAY: LIVE2-0.TS.TSBUFFER" when I try to play a HD channel. SD is fine.
    It does the same with both the MPC and Windows 7 codecs.

Logs attached.

Cheers.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Looked through your logs and was a little confused by BBC-HD and DVB-C....

Then realised you are using MDAPI. This is not supported and more than likely the cause of your issues.

Try and record something from BBC HD and then see if you have playback issues from recording. If you do then try renaming to MKV and playing back via My Videos.

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Cheers for the feedback. I completely understand that you can't support MDAPI, although both SD and HD were working fine before the TV Server re-install (albeit with stuttering in HD) and SD is working perfectly at the moment, so I doubt it's anything to do with MDAPI itself.

I tried recording and it appears to have only recorded the audio track (I'm in work so can't actually listen, but it plays in VLC and in MediaPortal as an audio file).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom