"Watch TV" option no longer does anything after tv server reinstall (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cheers for the feedback. I completely understand that you can't support MDAPI, although both SD and HD were working fine before the TV Server re-install (albeit with stuttering in HD) and SD is working perfectly at the moment, so I doubt it's anything to do with MDAPI itself.

I tried recording and it appears to have only recorded the audio track (I'm in work so can't actually listen, but it plays in VLC and in MediaPortal as an audio file).
    Can only suggest doing a quick re-scan to make sure the channel details have not changed (there was something in your logs I think about tuning details having changed).

If the video is not being captured there we are a little stuck as you can't test BBC HD without MDAPI and we can not confirm a bug in MP with it enabled.... I take it there are no HD FTA channels on cable are there?

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Can only suggest doing a quick re-scan to make sure the channel details have not changed (there was something in your logs I think about tuning details having changed).

If the video is not being captured there we are a little stuck as you can't test BBC HD without MDAPI and we can not confirm a bug in MP with it enabled.... I take it there are no HD FTA channels on cable are there?

Yeah I did a re-scan and HD still doesn't work. Unfortunately all HD channels are encrypted.. none of them are FTA, so it does indeed make this a little difficult. However, I do have HD and SD working flawlessly in the DVBViewer software, so I know that it should be working really.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    From TsReader.log:
    Code:
    14-06-2010 11:45:41.069 [8ac]New Audio 129
    [COLOR=Red][B]14-06-2010 11:45:41.103 [8ac]Pes 0-0-1 fail[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red][B]14-06-2010 11:45:45.793 [8ac]Pes 0-0-1 fail[/B][/COLOR]
    This means that for 5 seconds there was no valid PES header in the video stream. This is common when the stream does not get decrypted.

binman_uk

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Managed to get it going with a re-install (again) of the TV server and everything that goes along with it. Unfortunately the goal of fixing the HD TV stuttering since RC3 has not worked and it's just as bad as it was previously. Guess I'll get some logs and post them in the RC3/RC4 forum. Cheers for your help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom