Watch Video/Listen to Music then Watch TV = Crash (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Using MP 1.4.0 I have encountered a weird issue. If I start up MP and then watch TV straight away then I have no issues. However, if I do something else like watch a video or listen to music then try to watch TV I will get a crash and get bounced back to the desktop.

It doesn't seem to matter which MPEG-2 codec I use to watch TV either.

The only good thing is I suppose I can reproduce this issue every time. Attached is one set of crash logs, but I have others as well, and could recreate more on request.

Last edited:

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well after much headscratching I think I've fixed the issue by updating my Skystar 2 drivers. Everything used to run fine with previous MP versions but clearly the newer driver works better with MP 1.4.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well after much headscratching I think I've fixed the issue by updating my Skystar 2 drivers. Everything used to run fine with previous MP versions but clearly the newer driver works better with MP 1.4.
    Ahhh, so now I see why you're fiddling. :)
    With MP 1.4 and XP, make sure you've installed this patch:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...les-is-corrupted-with-1-4-0-pre-in-xp.119713/
    ...and keep in mind that support for XP is on its way out. Actually it is all but gone, so you'd be recommended to think about upgrading to W7 or stick with MP 1.3 (if you have issues with MP 1.4 even after installing the patch). Note the patch will be included in MP 1.5.

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for paying attention :). Yup I've got the Xp fix and yes I intend to upgrade to Win7 soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom