Watched/NOT Watched option process improvements (1 Viewer)

rtrimarchi

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello everyone....

First of all just let me say a sincere thanks to the author of this wonderfull plugin.

It really made my mediaportal life much easier and better

Thanks and thanks again and again... :D :D :D

Now..... I think I have to point the author attention to the way this plugin handle the Watched/NON watched films option.

Ofcourse I mean this thread ONLY as an improvement of the actual process itself, and not as a critique.

I noticed ('cause I use it) that the flag watched/non watched is linked to the ANT database Check box that every film has among its properties.

Unfortunately, every time you want to change (manually !!!) the flag status, you have to type "literally" the word "True" or "False".....which from within MP is not so "friendly"......

I already know about the automatic feature that changes the flag automatically when you watch the movie.....and it works PERFECTLY :D

Now my question is:

Is there a possible way to handle this flag change from within MP differently ??

I mean....it would be much easyer and nicer not to type the words "True" or "False", everytime you gotta change its value, but have some sort of check box which requires no typing at all....

Hope I have explained myself clearly.....

Also forgive my english, but I am Italian and I am doing my best....believe me ;)

Again .... :D :D for this plugin

Friendly....
Riccardo from Italy ;)

rtrimarchi

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
Of course you can change it in the ANT Catalog,

..........but let's remember that our primary interface that we use most is MP on the TV, ..............and NOT the PC with ANT Catalog.

Therefore , I believe that making this change in MP more user friendly could ONLY benefit the whole plugin and MP itself.

Let me give you just an example....

Everytime I load on my NAS my new films (dvd, mkv,etc..etc), I often test-play SOME of them just to see if they are ok.
Since I have configured the plugin to automatically mark as WATCHED all the opened films, after the test play I have to change back the flag to FALSE (or NOT WATCHED).

Ofcourse to me it is much easier to do this from MP on the TV, instead to go to my PC, turn it on, open ANT and then check the box manually from within ANT.

This is where my whole suggestion comes from....

...and it is ONLY a suggestion to the author....and nothing more

:D:D

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I think there is a method to do that.
In the plugin config, go to the optional 2 tab - "ant updating items" section. Choose "checked" in the field selection box, in the second box (label) write "mark as watched", and in the 3rd box (predefined value) write "True".
Inside MP, go to the detailed screen of a film you have already seen and go to the update menu if you want to mark it as viewed.
For nonviewed films Im sure you will figure what to do.
I havent tested this method but should work. I will wait for your impressions

rtrimarchi

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
Z3US...

you're 100% right....

This method works 100% and I am already using it.....and it works :D

But .....this is not my point :eek:

Have you ever tried to change the flag/movie from WATCHED ---to--> NOT WATCHED (or viceversa) within MP ???

If you have....., you also know that you have to type manually the word "False" using the TV keyboard.

Which is not that friendly........

So my suggestion is to AVOID typing in the word "false" or "true"........ and instead...... have a checkbox (instead of letters) which indicates the WATCHED/NOT WATCHED status of the movie.

This is my question all about.

Can It be possible ?? ;)

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
If you have configurated the words "true" and "false" as predefined values of the ANT updating items in the MF config as I explained above, you dont have to write them inside MP

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
If you have configurated the words "true" and "false" as predefined values of the ANT updating items in the MF config as I explained above, you dont have to write them inside MP

z3us is correct, I am using this method. When I select "watched" from the update menu, the predefined entry "true" appears in the on-screen keyboard dialog, and I just select "done". While I think that it is not as slick as the checkbox idea, it is functional. :)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
I think there is a method to do that.
In the plugin config, go to the optional 2 tab - "ant updating items" section. Choose "checked" in the field selection box, in the second box (label) write "mark as watched", and in the 3rd box (predefined value) write "True".
Inside MP, go to the detailed screen of a film you have already seen and go to the update menu if you want to mark it as viewed.
For nonviewed films Im sure you will figure what to do.
I havent tested this method but should work. I will wait for your impressions

Which skin do you use to show "flag" that indicates as watched? since I'm using titanium and it didn't show any flag like that

Thanks

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
What flag are u speaking about?
The "ant updating items" is a section of the plugin configurator, and you access it from outside of MP

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
What flag are u speaking about?
The "ant updating items" is a section of the plugin configurator, and you access it from outside of MP

I did like you said, but how do I know from my MP that which movie is watched which one is unwatched if there is no such a flag or tick indicated in the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom