Watched/NOT Watched option process improvements (1 Viewer)

rtrimarchi

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
If you have configurated the words "true" and "false" as predefined values of the ANT updating items in the MF config as I explained above, you dont have to write them inside MP

z3us is correct, I am using this method. When I select "watched" from the update menu, the predefined entry "true" appears in the on-screen keyboard dialog, and I just select "done". While I think that it is not as slick as the checkbox idea, it is functional. :)

You both are 100% right...... and it works. I confirm it.

BUT....... I strongly believe the checkbox Idea would be much easier......

For Example, Z3US, ........ try to switch back a Watched movie to NOT WATCHED.

From within MP, you have to type the word "False" using the on-screen keyboard....which is not that friendly as a checkbox would be.

Do you guys agree ? ;)

Instead...having only a checkbox for the flag, would be much easier from a MP / MS remote control..... :rolleyes:

I think this would make this plugin, even better then what it is now...... GREAT :D

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
You both are 100% right...... and it works. I confirm it.

BUT....... I strongly believe the checkbox Idea would be much easier......

For Example, Z3US, ........ try to switch back a Watched movie to NOT WATCHED.

From within MP, you have to type the word "False" using the on-screen keyboard....which is not that friendly as a checkbox would be.
For marking as unwatched you have to use the second "ant updating item"; is almost equal to marking as Watched:

In the plugin config, go to the optional 2 tab - "ant updating items" section. Choose "checked" in the field selection box, in the second box (label) write "mark as watched", and in the 3rd box (predefined value) write "True".

Changing this way:

In the plugin config, go to the optional 2 tab - "ant updating items" section. Choose "checked" in the field selection box, in the second box (label) write "mark as not watched", and in the 3rd box (predefined value) write "False".

What flag are u speaking about?
The "ant updating items" is a section of the plugin configurator, and you access it from outside of MP

I did like you said, but how do I know from my MP that which movie is watched which one is unwatched if there is no such a flag or tick indicated in the list

You have to define it in the plugin config. 2 aspects:

1- Config the plugin to mark as "checked" the films you watch. I dont remember the exact place of this.
2- In additional views choose the field "checked", and name it as viewed
Then, inside MP, go to change view- viewed.

Im at work, cant precise, sorry.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
What flag are u speaking about?
The "ant updating items" is a section of the plugin configurator, and you access it from outside of MP

I did like you said, but how do I know from my MP that which movie is watched which one is unwatched if there is no such a flag or tick indicated in the list

You have to define it in the plugin config. 2 aspects:

1- Config the plugin to mark as "checked" the films you watch. I dont remember the exact place of this.
2- In additional views choose the field "checked", and name it as viewed
Then, inside MP, go to change view- viewed.

Im at work, cant precise, sorry.

thanks and when you have a chance to look at your MP, please let me know how to config pugin to mark as "checked"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom