[MP2-681] watched player percentage for recordings (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynenz

Portal Member
March 28, 2017
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
using MP2.1 the player watched percentage doesn't seem to work with .ts files. I can play recordings to the end and it never shows as played. I think this only affects .ts files. If I mark as watched then text goes blue
upload_2017-6-22_16-46-5.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I see here now is that if you play your recording to say ~90% of its length, it will be marked as watched (in line with the watched percentage defined in the settings). However, if you let it play until the end without stopping it at 90% or higher, it remains unwatched on my system. Others are not observing this though hence I wonder if it has anything to do with some leftovers in a setting file

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wonder if it has anything to do with some leftovers in a setting file
    I deleted my settings and let MP create new ones. I then tested the behavior under the BlueVision Default theme with series episodes and TV recordings (from the automatically created share):
    • Series share: OK
    • TV recordings: keep the "unwatched" status
    So something is still not entirely right with the treatment of the ts recording files.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Others are not observing this
    You're not the only one. I do have this from time to time too. Additionally I'm observing something different. Also I've played a recording to the end it is marked as "partial watched". But as I instantly delete watched recordings this had no priority to me. If I want to keep recordings for more than "watch and forget" I don't watch them in Recordings, I cut and transcode them and add them to either movies, series or videos shares...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I want to keep recordings for more than "watch and forget" I don't watch them in Recordings, I cut and transcode them and add them to either movies, series or videos shares...
    So do I. Yet I thought I should confirm the reported behavior. Not a big issue for me either but I will capture it a a separate Jira with level 'minor' or 'trivial'.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tested this with the new 2.2pre - unfortunately no change: Watching a recording from start to end without stopping in between leaves the recording as unwatched.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom