Watched Shows Disappearing from My TVSeries (1 Viewer)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Like the title says, once I watch an episode it's no longer visible inside My TVSeries. If I finish a season or a whole series then everything disappears. When I look in the TVSeries config the series and episodes are listed as being in the database. I've made sure the filter/view is set to "ALL" and not "unwatched".

Problem is, my wife will sometimes watch things on her own and then if I go to watch it later I have to exit MP and mark it as unwatched in the TVSeries config.

I noticed this started happening after I upgraded to the latest MY TVSeries version 3.3.1.

Any thoughts? I've searched the settings and found nothing that seems to indicate this is a feature that can be turned on and off.

(My system specs are current in my profile.)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside GUI, pop up hidden menu (left arrow on my skin), and goto "Options"... try some of them out. Inside config you have General -> "Show all episodes in local database when in GUI" that matches the top option in hidden menu options.

Also new version brought with it ability to enable Unwatched filter on other views, which sounds like that is enabled for you.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I thought I had tried that, but I'll give it a look tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for the tips.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Alright, as far as I can tell everything is enabled properly, i.e. Nothing should be hidden. Still only seeing "unwatched" episodes, etc. Ive even unisntalled and reinstalled TVSeries, etc.

To make matters worse, I've re-added a few shows to TVSeries, and since I've already watched them Trakt is marking them watched and now they've disappeared. :( Also, it's doing the same thing regardless of which skin I load (if that matters).

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, regarding filters, which I think is your issue:

Hidden menu -> Filters -> if you see "UnWatched Episodes" then you are in the right filter view... if you see "All Episodes" then you need to activate that.

The other options:

Hidden menu -> Options -> Show All Episodes -> Toggle it to (on) just to be sure
    Hidden menu -> Options -> Show Hidden Items -> Toggle it to (on) just to be sure

Pretty sure you are dealing with the unwatched filter method. But if it still doesn't work with all 3 options above enabled/verified, then you might simply have some sort of database corruption preventing things from working correct. My suggestion then is to backup your MP-TVSeries database somewhere else (in effect deleting it from the MediaPortal 'database' folder, and start from scratch just to test it everything works fine then, you can even import just 1 or 2 TV shows to make testing easier. Though in my experience, MP-TVSeries imports very fast and flawless, so it is just as easy to reimport very large collections as it is small one, its just a matter of the time it takes.

Otherwise it is time for debug enabled log files to find out more tech info on what is going wrong.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Well I retried everything you suggested with no luck. So I deleted the TVSeries database then re-imported all my shows and all seems to be well now. Must have been a database issue like you said.

Thanks again for your help.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I'd just delete the TV Series database and re-import your shows. It'll save time and a headache.

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    I had just deleted the entire database and reimported everything, which with many VIDEO_TS folders that I have to import as special episodes takes a long time, then made a backup of the database at that point. Copying that same database over, it still does the same thing.

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    That's exactly what happened to me too. Nothing helped until I did a clean install of MP. There must be a file somewhere in MP that holds this data even after you delete the database. Regardless, the only thing that solved my problem was a clean re-install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom