Watched status after Importing (AMC updater), Movies missing in "unwatched movies only" view (1 Viewer)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I just recognized a strange behaviour and wanted to clarify here (Or maybe there is a workaround).

I updated my MyFilms xml file with the latest version of MyFilms and the latest IMDB script by a few movies. Everything is fine so far. The multi user state field is not set (as expected I guess).

Starting MediaPortal and having a look at the movies. Everything is still fine. The new movies are as expected "not watched".
But there is a strange behaviour when I enable the global filter to "Show only unwatched movies". This function seems to take only these movies into account which have the multi user state field set. I would have expected that when I chose "Show only unwatched movies" in MyFilms this empty field is interpreted as "not watched".

Instead these Films are not taken into account for this "Show only unwatched movies" and therefore missing in this view. I have to set the watched field manually (e.g. via Ant Movie Catalog) to: "Default:0:-1:". Only then these new movies are taken into account and visible in the view.

Is there a way to overcome this behaviour? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance! MyFilms rocks! ;)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi exe222, if you add new movies, they start without multi user watched info.
    iirc, on a initla migration, the watched data is created - but might be possible that this is not the case on added movies.
    So far I assume, that MyFilms is properly set up for the user and using MUS.
    To get some more info about it:
    Could you do something that causes a "save" in MyFilms - e.g. set one movie manually to watched or unwatched - this should save watched data as in current context and save it to the catalog.
    Is global unwatched filter after this working as expected?

I would have expected that when I chose "Show only unwatched movies" in MyFilms this empty field is interpreted as "not watched".
    Yes, that is the expected behaviour.

Instead these Films are not taken into account for this "Show only unwatched movies" and therefore missing in this view. I have to set the watched field manually (e.g. via Ant Movie Catalog) to: "Default:0:-1:".
    That is something a user of course should not be forced to do ;-)

Only then these new movies are taken into account and visible in the view.

Is there a way to overcome this behaviour? Am I missing something?
    Probably needs some code changes.I assume the reason is, that the MUS data is not initialized when it is already needed.
    Other info I'd need to know: How did you add the movies - external movie manager, import from inside plugin, import via AMCU?
    Might need your config and catalog to set it up here and reproduce, but let's start with the steps above.

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes, after chaning the status and forcing a "save" the MUS is set and therefore the filter works as expected. At least that's what I remember. I will double check @home.

Other info I'd need to know: How did you add the movies - external movie manager, import from inside plugin, import via AMCU?

I used the AMC updater (Still my preferred way for updating) with the IMDB.DE grabber script. But the used script should not matter I guess.

Might need your config and catalog to set it up here and reproduce, but let's start with the steps above.

Sure. I can provide you with the settings + an example catalog if needed. You mean the myFilms configuration file + the AMC xml, right?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Yes, after chaning the status and forcing a "save" the MUS is set and therefore the filter works as expected. At least that's what I remember. I will double check @home.
    Just to be sure - once a "save" is forced, the watched status is working for all imported movie, right?

I used the AMC updater (Still my preferred way for updating) with the IMDB.DE grabber script. But the used script should not matter I guess.
    Right, script doesn't matter - it is only about "how" the film was added

Sure. I can provide you with the settings + an example catalog if needed. You mean the myFilms configuration file + the AMC xml, right?
    Yes, but probably not even necessary, if you can confirm above - seems, that new movies don't get the extended watched data initialized when needed...[/quote]

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good morning. :)
    I double checked it now and it is as follows:
    When I set one of the new movies to watched and afterwards again to unwatched, then the status is correct and it appears in the unwatched movies view. But only this one single updated movie. The remaining new (imported) movies stay untouched and still do not appear in this unwatched movies view. The MUS is also only set for this movie I manually toggled. (Checked the field in AMC)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Good morning. :)
    I double checked it now and it is as follows:
    When I set one of the new movies to watched and afterwards again to unwatched, then the status is correct and it appears in the unwatched movies view. But only this one single updated movie. The remaining new (imported) movies stay untouched and still do not appear in this unwatched movies view. The MUS is also only set for this movie I manually toggled. (Checked the field in AMC)
    Thanks for the feedback, will help me fixing this

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't see this behaviour anymore for some reason. No idea what may have changed. Maybe I just had to "turn it off and on again" ;-)
    The latest added movies are correctly in the "unwatched" list.

Thanks anyway

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I don't see this behaviour anymore for some reason. No idea what may have changed. Maybe I just had to "turn it off and on again" ;-)
    Thanks anyway
    Even possible, as the is some Initialization method that only runs once ever - if it fails for some reason, it might cause problems afterwards. Anyway, good that it is working for you now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom