#watchedpercent- skin property (1 Viewer)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
January 7, 2008
Hi,
I changed also my videos on MyVideos and in my opinion it's the best plugin in Mp with so many possibilities and development potential,(y)
thank you Deda for your hard work and endurance :) .
and i have also some questions :
1.If I change my watched status on watched, what is happening with #watchedpercent property, is it also upgraded on 100?
2.Where can I check status of videos file availability in list view?

losttown

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Set watched and unwatched just flags file, percentage is not touched.

Actually there is 3 "watched" elements:

1. Static status as "Watched" or "Unwatched"
    2. Dynamic status as Watched percentage -> last position on video stop (shows you how much you watched in current play session from total duration of video file)
    3. Dynamic status as Watched counter -> increases whenever played time breaks the limit of set watched percentage

Every of them have exposed skin properties and also they are also integrated into list label3 if skin designer use it

2nd question I didn't quite understand, if you meant where those watched statuses can be seen in share view, then answer is you should see them always on every file no matter if they are in the database scanned as movie or just normal video file. So if you don't use videodatabase for every file you should see mediainfo images (logos), is it watched or not, percentage and watched counter. If they are not visible on item select or in list as label 3 (if skin properties are not implemented) then skin designer made something wrong.

Example for files not in the videodatabase
    1.3.0Alpha defaultwide skin in 1.3.0B
    ScreenShot013.jpg

1.3.0B defaultwide skin
    ScreenShot014.jpg

1.3.0B Titan skin
    ScreenShot015.jpg

Last edited:

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Set watched and unwatched just flags file, percentage is not touched.

wached-1procent.jpg
    unwached.jpg

yes..I've come to see the problem in another light.
    My first thought as user was that watched is 100% and unwatched 0%. How can i reset the percentage... :rolleyes:

and

DVD.jpg
    ?

2nd question I didn't quite understand, if you meant where those watched statuses can be seen in share view, then answer is you should see them always on every file no matter if they are in the database scanned as movie or just normal video file. So if you don't use videodatabase for every file you should see mediainfo images (logos), is it watched or not, percentage and watched counter. If they are not visible on item select or in list as label 3 (if skin properties are not implemented) then skin designer made something wrong.

I use videodatabase and when i want to play some film that is not accessible
    Not-Available-.jpg

compared with MovingPictures, I see it immediately in list view
    MovPic.jpg

I have also problems with the search option in database view
    search.jpg
    search-1.jpg
    search-2.jpg

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Percentage is actually value of last stop time and it will be reset/continue rising on next play of file (movie) from beginning or from last stop time.

For not accessible files (in database views) for now there is no indication. What I can do for 1.3.0RC is to remove them from list until they will be accessible again but that for sure will lead to some user question "why I can't see movies in the list and I know they should be there" so I'm not so confident that this will be good idea, changing colors or some other indication needs skin changes and in this release state I can't do that. Anyway, I will mantis this for first feature free release.

About search, good find :), small typo bug in search code (just missing one "," :) on building SQL command). Will be repaired for 1.3.0RC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom