Watches Status from xml file (1 Viewer)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i exported my mp1 moving pictures database with the tool "moving pictures import export gui". the tool creates an xml for every movie in its folder.
    But when i try to import a new database with mp2 the watched status will not be read.
    Is this a bug or a missing feature?

<AlternateCovers>
    <Item Value="K:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\FullSize\{.......-2014} [-2104092982].jpg" />
    </AlternateCovers>
    <Studios>
    <Item Value="Warner Bros." />
    <Item Value="Legendary Pictures" />
    <Item Value="Disruption Entertainment" />
    </Studios>
    <UserSettings>
    <UserSettingsItem>
    <UserName>Default User</UserName>
    <WatchedCount>1</WatchedCount>
    <UserRating>0</UserRating>
    <ResumePart>0</ResumePart>
    <ResumeTime>0</ResumeTime>
    <ResumeData />
    </UserSettingsItem>
    </UserSettings>
    <WatchedHistory>
    <WatchedHistoryItem>
    <UserName>Default User</UserName>
    <DateWatched>2014-09-20T22:18:51+02:00</DateWatched>
    </WatchedHistoryItem>
    </WatchedHistory>
    <FilterWhiteList />
    <FilterBlackList />
    <SourceMovieInfo>

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is this a bug or a missing feature?
    It's a missing feature and I'm not pretty sure if this ever will be implemented as "moving pictures import export gui" did not follow any of the well known standards for such tools. Other tools like MovPicNfo, Ember Media Manger or tiny Media Manger are following the specs given by XBMC (as this has such feature since ages it's the de facto standard for file based metadata). The MP2 Team is working on this but it can be possible you need to change your tool e.g. to MovPicNfo. This does the same as "moving pictures import export gui" but in a more common way...

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The tool was designed for Media Portal version 1.x, and is not certified to work with Media Portal version 2.x. There are no plans to support version 2.x either, at least in the immediate future.

As for the "standard", that depends on who you talk to. The XML format the tool utilizes was designed around the Moving Pictures database schema. There are features within Moving Pictures that are not supported by the standards that you mentioned. The tool was designed as the name implies - for Moving Pictures data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom