Watching a recoding wich is allready in recording? (1 Viewer)

Da_Phreak

Portal Member
October 19, 2005
Hi,

does Media Portal gives me the ability to begin to watch a recorded movie or something other, wich is allready in recording. I mean not the classic definied timeshift. For example, i have a timed recording programmed an come to home, the movie runs since 30 minutes and is on recording. Can i start now to watch it, or i have to wait until the recoding of the whole movie is done?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sure, you can directly begin to watch it! :)
    I am doing this already sometimes. Just start My TV. It shows the currently recording program. Make it fullscreen and now you can jump to the beginning of fhe show. :) Just watch it like normal. You even can skip comercials. This does not influence the recording process at all. The only thing you cannot do is changing the channel (single tuner) while recording.

Flip.

Da_Phreak

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    OK thx then i can go buying a DVB-C card now. I know that this function was not supportet from WinTV2000 from hauppage, wich i former used. That was very unpracticable.

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ Flipger

I always thought this isnt implemented, yet.
    How do I jump to the start of the current recording :?:

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    you enter the scheduled recordings where you will see the recording show (marked with the red dot). after you click it, you'll be asked if you wish to watch from live point or watch from beginning... works just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom