April 3, 2008
Ballarat
Home Country
Australia Australia
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.2 Final
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: W7 Ultimate + Updates
CPU Type: Intel Cor2Duo 2.6G
HDD: Hitachie 1tb (20 os, remaining recordings)
Memory: 2G DDR2-800
Motherboard: Intel DG45ID
Video Card: hdmi onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard (ac97)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hapuage 2200MCE
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (2), Analog (2)
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Dvico Dual Digital 4, Rev1
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T (2)
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: default
h.264 Video Codec: default
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antek NSK2048
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hapuage MCE
TV: Panasonic 42" HD Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

With a fresh install of W7 + SP!. Watching live tv/recording from start (Ie: the system is recording a show, and we start to watch it a few minutes into the recording). Media portal just looses the connection to the tv server, and then hangs.

Ctrl-Alt-Del is the only way to get back to the w7 desktop.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Stephen

I'm not able to reproduce, and your logs aren't all that clear either. Is this 100% reproducible, or was it a once-off? What program was it, and at approximately what time?

mm

vk3heg

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Ballarat
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

sorry. Got a few issues to sort out..

Was watching the "Criminal Minds" recording from the start while the system was still recording it.. Mp then went to a blank screen and I had no option but to ctl-alt-del and try to reboot.

Dont know if it's in this log file but tv server keeps on stoping and mp looses the connection to it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I think the MP black screen thing is likely a symptom of the TV Server stopping thing as it looks to me like TV Server stopped about 8 seconds into the recording. I don't see any reason in the logs for that to have happened so I'm a little puzzled. I do see a fair few MySQL availability exceptions. Check your networking:
    - that IPv6 is disabled
    - that MP and TV Server both have firewall clearance in public and private domains
    - ideally give the TV Server a static IP address

mm

vk3heg

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Ballarat
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi again

I think the MP black screen thing is likely a symptom of the TV Server stopping thing as it looks to me like TV Server stopped about 8 seconds into the recording. I don't see any reason in the logs for that to have happened so I'm a little puzzled. I do see a fair few MySQL availability exceptions. Check your networking:
    - that IPv6 is disabled
    - that MP and TV Server both have firewall clearance in public and private domains
    - ideally give the TV Server a static IP address

mm

We went for 48hrs with no drama's.

IP V6 is installed and set to auto. I have had experiance/seen referance that IPV6 should not be disabled in Win7 as it causes network issues.

Haven't done any firewall changes except for the ones that MP has asked to be done at install time.

Both my MP machines have fixed IP's. The client machine isn't even turned on during these tests.

I have no problems with doing anything on the network, even with the machine when mp is giving trouble. I can access the intrernet and the other machines on the network. Even accessing the freenas setup works both via the mapped drive and via network browsing.

Another log file attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Stephen

Well I'm not sure what I'm meant to be observing in these logs, but I'll tell you what I see. I see that the crashes of TV Server coincide almost exactly with Comskip starting to process a recording... *every single time*. Try disabling Comskip for awhile and see if that fixes the problems.

mm

[Edit: just one further thought. If Comskip is indeed the cause, the connection to the networking could be that it looks like you're trying to process remote files on the NAS. I'm not sure how well that would work...]

vk3heg

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Ballarat
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    [Edit: just one further thought. If Comskip is indeed the cause, the connection to the networking could be that it looks like you're trying to process remote files on the NAS. I'm not sure how well that would work...]

I'll have to do a manual test of comskip with the config i have and report back... But for now comskip has been disabled, and the system is stable.

Cheers,
    Stephen

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *bump*

Any updates Stephen? No rush - just interested. :)

vk3heg

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Ballarat
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    With comskip disabled, and the tv cards set to stop.. The system has been stable as a rock.

I haven't had a chance to test comskip directly outside of mp atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom