Ways of multiroom music with mepo? (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

I am looking at the possibilities to have multiroom music with mepo because:
    - I use aMPdroid which makes it possible to control mepo from anywhere in the house
    - with the Auto DJ Mode function it is the best music player for me

I know that it's not possible/easy to play different audio streams simultaneously in different rooms but for now, being able to play the same stream, eventually with volume control for each room, would be enough.

Possible solutions I can think of and without extra computers:
    1) split the outputs of a 7.1 soundcard into multiple stereo streams: is it possible - and if so, advisable - to achieve this using an amplifier for each room and control the sound level with aMPdroid if possible individually for each room?
    2) with an amplifier that has multiple outputs

All your ideas are very welcome!
    Peter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs [Info] 0.7 Beta - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way MPExtended 602
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    B some music videos stutter Watch / Listen Media 0
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    horned_reaper [Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning Improvement Suggestions 37
    horned_reaper [solved] 5012: Restart current music track General Support 13
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    horned_reaper [solved] Music playback hangs General Support 58
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    joecrow Music on Headphones Listen Music 8
    2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
    Sarxas What Music Are You Listening To? OffTopic 0
    Edwardfc [solved] Mp 2.2.1 Configuration Issues - Goes to Sleep while playing Music General 6
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
    BlueMax1916 [confirm] Music: Every 2nd track skipped MediaPortal 2 30
    N Music player help Listen Music 4
    N How to shuffle all my music, and how to sort by album artist General 4
    R MP 2.2 client spielt audio-titel kurz an und springt dann zum nächten Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 9
    joecrow Music: Fade Out not working 1.20 Pre Release 0
    M Music playback stops after certain files 1.19 0
    Top Bottom