[other] Weather plugin (2 Viewers)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    From reading and testing yr.no, they had their own API service? (not this one you posted)

As for this one (met.no), sorry, I couldn't pull any useful info for any city outside Norway.. Also, language was always Norwegian in XML results (even if I changed it to en)

If you have any examples of working weather data from there it would be great..

Weather forecast for Rijeka in Primorje-Gorski (Croatia), 126 m. ? yr.no
    This is an example (one of the major cities in Croatia) with no current weather data...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    EDIT: Same API :confused:

Btw, you know you can attach pics to forum instead of image hosting sites? ;)
    meteogram.png

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm ok, it seems xml is only working for norwegian locatons atm, tried a couple of big cities with no luck either. But it also seems that the xml format only givies an "oral presentation", something the weatherman would say on the radio or something.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm, are you using Google Chrome by any chance?

I seemed to remember there being alot more data before, and I opened the link in Internet Explorer instead and I got alot more data. I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's the data you're looking for. It's weid, it's as if Chrome filters out all the raw data and only shows the "oral presentation".

Attachments

• internetexplorer.jpg
      internetexplorer.jpg
      245.1 KB
    • Google chrome.jpg
      Google chrome.jpg
      78.6 KB

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah ok sorry I thought you didn't get any data at the current time, my bad. Well atleast I found out that Chrome is lousy for non-HTML browsing, both XML and rss is far from good.

I'll send yr.no an e-mail and see why they do it this way. But as far as the undergound weather goes it seems to be better at locations then weather.com atlease for me.It has a local big city that makes sense to use and not som little shitthole place that noone likes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom