Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
Great work! A couple issues though...

If you have set MP to be always on top, don't try to download anything :shock:

After install there is a "blank" menu item in the home screen. I think the My Trailers item is missing.

This is going to be a good one!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What about the following (or something similar) to be used (still not cleaned up yet - work in progress) as the hover over for the home page?

hoverbrowser7yr.png

I modified a couple of images from the BlueTwo skin.

Mike

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    mzemina said:
    What about the following (or something similar) to be used (still not cleaned up yet - work in progress) as the hover over for the home page?
    i have been talking with devo about this image. but your one looks very promising!
    i am looking forward to the final image

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    devo said:
    The plugin reads from the IE favorites folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\<ProfileName>\Favorites

Is the IE favorites directory configurable within the plugin? Mine are not at this location!

civikdude said:
    One feature request I have regarding a web plugin is to allow any tv/video content to continue playing in the lower left corner of the screen. Oftentimes, I find myself jumping to a web site to check out something I just viewed on tv. Of course, with my current setup of using Internet Explorer as my web browser, the tv video & sound shuts down until I return from the browser.

The video window should not hover over any web content, but should force the web content to shift to the right. Equally important, if no tv/video playing before opening web browser, then browser should be fullscreen.

Maybe someone else would find this suggestion useful?

Are you going to allow for timeshifted TV, etc. to play while browsing?

Regards,
    Aaron

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does this look good enough to use? Is it "good-to-go"?

hoverbrowser17sp.png

Credit has to go to whomever created the original home hover images under the BlueTwo skin.

Mike

gadu^

Portal Member
    May 16, 2005
    what am i doing wrong??

i can see it in the menu, it starts when i choose it... but its a blank white page and nothing happends??

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    civikdude said:
    Is the IE favorites directory configurable within the plugin? Mine are not at this location!

It isn't currently, but perhaps it should be. I went on an example I found loading favorites and it used a reg key entry to the profile folder.

I can make it configurable.

civikdude said:
    One feature request I have regarding a web plugin is to allow any tv/video content to continue playing in the lower left corner of the screen. Oftentimes, I find myself jumping to a web site to check out something I just viewed on tv. Of course, with my current setup of using Internet Explorer as my web browser, the tv video & sound shuts down until I return from the browser.

The video window should not hover over any web content, but should force the web content to shift to the right. Equally important, if no tv/video playing before opening web browser, then browser should be fullscreen.

Maybe someone else would find this suggestion useful?

Are you going to allow for timeshifted TV, etc. to play while browsing?

Regards,
    Aaron

Its a good idea and might come later after the key features are implimented.

mzemina said:
    Does this look good enough to use? Is it "good-to-go"?

Wow, looks great and exactly what I pictured for the logo.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    gadu^ said:
    what am i doing wrong??

i can see it in the menu, it starts when i choose it... but its a blank white page and nothing happends??

Click the world icon at the top and you can enter a url.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom