Webbrowser Flash Videos On Dual Monitor PC (1 Viewer)

odysseus

Portal Pro
November 27, 2006
Newtonville,Massachusetts
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I was hoping for some advice. I run my PC with MediaPortal on the second display, my TV, so that I may use the primary as my main desktop PC. I've been wanting to use Webbrowser to view the extended interviews on The Daily Show, but when I try to go to fullscreen with any flash video it does not open on top of MP, it opens as a separate window. I'm certain this is because I have MP set to always be on top (I need to use it for MultiShortcuts to behave properly with my dual monitor setup). Since MP is always on top, the window can't be seen at all. Maybe somebody out there might also use dual monitor setups any could suggest a way to work this all out? Thank you very much in advance for any help posted here, this is one of those things where it's not a MP problem but a result of my setup so any advice would be very welcome and appreciated.

tbrg78

Portal Member
October 9, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
You could switch your webbrowser window to be always on top as well, and because it is switched to "on top" after MP's window, it should be visible above MP.
Toggling always on top can be done autom. with Eventghost or some other freeware tool.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried the "Browse the web" plugin. It works really well, and if you install flash player (selecting "other browsers" during the install) it plays flash video really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom