webepg crash while mp running (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
Windows Version: xp mce

I'm using webepg to grab the oztivo guide listings. Webepg is scheduled to run at 9am each day, and up until .2.1 it's been working fine. Now, webpeg is crashing for me IF it's run while MP is running. If i run webepg.exe without mp running, it goes through and downloads the guide listing correctly. When webepg crashes, the webepg log is empty so unfortunately there's nothing helpful there!!

Steps to reproduce:
1. Using task scheduler webepg.exe is scheduled to run at 9am each day, and set to wake the computer to run the task
2. Leave mp running, power scheduler correctly puts the computer to sleep
3. PC wakes up at 9am, tries to run webepg, webepg crashes. PC can't go back to sleep because it's stuck with the webepg.exe error on screen, and a windows message about being unable to suspend because webepg.exe is sending a error report.

Anything other info I can provide to help troubleshoot this one?

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    I will look into this. Until it is fixed you can:

1. Use an old version of WebEPG with 0.2.1 (copy over utils.dll and webepg.dll)
    2. Use the new WebEPG plugin

/James

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    What do you mean by "Use the new WebEPG plugin"? Do you mean copying webepg.dll and utils.dll from a newer svn?

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Steel Wide
    Windows Version: XP MCE
    CPU Type: P4

I have been exoeriencing the same problems since 0.2.0.4. WebEPG works fine all the time that MP is not running. I get the same error msg diag box when powerscheduler runs the task, or I run it manually with MP in the background. I am not using an SVN, just a clean install.

James, I have taken your advice to an earlier poster, however, I am getting the same problem (using the dll's from a backed up copy of MP). I am confused about the new plugin tho. Where can I find this as WebEPG now crashes everytime it's run???

I tried copying WebEPG and config files across and that at least allows WebEPG to generate the tvguide.xml. However I still cannot run the application with MP open.

Any other thoughts please

Best wishes.
    ps. Was looking in the error logs and came across this in the Configuration log:

Plugin Manager: Plugin MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.WebEPG.WebEPGGrabber is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: ProcessPlugins.dll)

wrighta

Portal Member
    July 25, 2006
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also have the same problem since upgrading to 0.2.1.0
    WebEPG crashes if MP is running ok if it's not running.
    Was using ok using 0.2.0.4 using a scheduled task at 03:00. This now crashes. Also tried using Plug-in but same problem, albeit the crash is from 'inside' MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom