Webepg import error (1 Viewer)

Blenno

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Has anyone seen this error in the webepg log file when trying to import the channel list into webepg from TV server?

"The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception".

Any known solutions?

Thanks,

Steve.

shayne

January 29, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same problem here. Just installed MP 1.0 for the first time on Vista SP1. Everything else I've tried seems ok, but can't get EPG because of this.

boblehmann

February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    I have the same problem on Windows XP SP3. The exact log message reads:
    2009-02-10 17:47:49.906250 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Button: Import
    2009-02-10 17:47:49.921875 [Info.][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Importing from TV Server Database
    2009-02-10 17:47:49.953125 [ERROR][WebEPG Config]: WebEPG Config: Import failed - The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception.

I am a newbie with Media Portal, but am fairly competent with computers, and have been working for 3 days to get this application up and running (uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times). Please help.

shayne

January 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Solved for me

See this post for an updated webepg-conf.exe that fixes this.

Looks like 1.0.1 is coming out, so I assume this update will be in there.

Also, the next problem I ran into in one of my installs on XP was a bad datasource line in the gentle.config. If you get an error about connecting to the database, investigate that file.

Now if I could get get my local listings to scrape from Yahoo. An example of that for local stations in the US would be greatly appreciated.

boblehmann

February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks. The new webept-conf.exe file worked to solve that problem, the import worked fine. Now I can't get the listings to show up either. Still investigating solutions. I'll let you know if I find any.

son_t

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What file name do you give the exported channels list? Also why is my file empty, when I do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom