h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

This is my first post, I have the RC2 up and working, but there are problems with Web EPG, The Web EPG folder only has two folders in it Channnels and Grabbers. The XMLTV file was empty there is no XMLTV.DTD. . I have windows XP on my system not Vista. The webepg config pops up and loads channels from the tv server and saves the configuration in Web EPG grabber folder as imdb.xml file which is weird.

Things I have tried
1. unistall the mediaportal
2. reinstalled-no xmltv folder was there and webepg only had grabbers and channels folder not other compenants
3. made sure webepg was activated in plugins
4. made sure xmltv was activated in tv server plugins
5. dowloaded latest svn
6. tried to use the old xmltv folder with all compenants and old webepg folder ( media portal .2.3.0)
7. tried different skins
8. tried to find different folders where xmltv was being written
9. made sure webepg.exe was activated to write
10. made sure view hidden files was selected in folder options
11. downloaded a possible fix a zip xmltv.rar file and extracted to team media folder
12. still web epg does not working,
13. Also updated windows until there was no more updates

So far 80 hours trying to fix it

This is the most important part the web epg, I have comcast cable washington state how do I find the right grabbers for each statiion.? So I can do research and only do it once. The automapper has always done a terrible job. Im impressed with the work you guys have done but I made and put together a computer for my Wife as a present to replace the TVO and now she rolls her eyes and shakes heard about media Portal I really want to get it up and running and show it off. But it seems that its impossible to come up with a bug free media Portal because it is not propietary. Maybe you should make conditions that the media Portal will only work if you buy these hardware components and have only thesse specifice software components loaded -and just keep the cost of the compenants down. This would make all the software compenants and hardware compenants the same and allow for quicker and easier troubleshooting as well as less problems because everybody would have the same drivers and configurations. Tvo has less problems because there propietary they come out the box ready to fire up and run. Your program is way better then anything they have to offer but you have to many configurations to make the program compatible for. I would have been glad to follow directions to the T with what hardware components and software components I must have. I would suggest putting togehter a package -have one type of motherboard, soundcard, video card, operating system, ram, hard drive, ram, . Since the software is free nobody should complain
and have your software perfectly troubleshot for that system and that configuration before release.

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Did you get it working?
I can totally empathize with you on the family woes. This software has generated huge dis-satisfaction with my family.
They are literally TV addicts. For a while I got called every morning at work with her pissed off and my kid crying.
Now my first duty every morning is turn on the equipment and have the channel on screen for the wife and kid to watch.
Finally things are stablized with RC4. Otherwise all hell breaks lose.

However I too cannot get the EPG working to save my life.
Comcast are installing today.
No help from the forum :( ... yet.
If someone can tell me one channel that they personally have got to work with the EPG it would be a huge help.
The USA ones I tried just don't work. Perhaps I need to try more channels - are some of them dudds?
I have the all default "no brainer" install.
I just need one working example of EPG to get me going.
I am soooo tired of seeing the no data in the EPG for each channel. I don't care if I get the wrong guide for the channel.
I just want to see something other than no data.
Help! If I sound like I am at the end of my rope then you understand me.
I wish I had more reference documents so I could troubleshoot it. It has got to be something simple and stupid that I am doing.
I keep just following the instructions in the wiki manual and nothing. I see the xml file appear. Still no data.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mexico-epg-plugin-updated-10-01-2007-a-26951/

Is the only reliable way I know of getting decent epg with North America, every other way leads to disatisfaction from users.

And please do not moan, maybe if we had one or two American Developers things would be different, and more support could be given to this kind of thing.

Thanks for the response.
    Sorry if we're coming across as moaners.
    My issue is that I can't get any EPG data at all for some channels i picked in the USA list.
    I will try to run the EPG for some UK channels and see if that gives some EPG data.
    Can you suggest one channel that works ... scratch that, I think its safe to assume that BBC1 would work!
    I will give it a try tonight and if it fails scrutinize the EPGlog file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom