WebEPG - ontvtonight.com USTV grabber file (1 Viewer)

Jean0987654321

March 7, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello

This is the first time I've done this. It took quite a while to gather all the info in order to generate this file but this will certainly be the first time in a while WebEPG has a proper grabber for US. Thanks for the developers for the program which enables me to make this tho ;)

Just paste it over to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\WebEPG\grabbers\US and edit it to what channels you want it to pull with Notepad++ ;)

Attachments

• www_ontvtonight_com.xml
    1.4 KB

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there a way to add an asterix (*) or maintain the "New" tag on the series name? For example, the TV show "Mom". It comes on every day in syndication (reruns) and there are also new episodes once per week on the same channel. Ultimately, I want some way so my timers only find new episodes.

Carrying on with my example, I see the #TITLE value is "Mom" and the #SUBTITLE value is "New". What I think I'd like is to modify #TITLE so it adds (concatenates) #SUBTITLE and/or some additional text, but only if #SUBTITLE = "New". In the end, #TITLE would become something like "Mom (New)" or "Mom *".

Jean0987654321

March 7, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to add an asterix (*) or maintain the "New" tag on the series name? For example, the TV show "Mom". It comes on every day in syndication (reruns) and there are also new episodes once per week on the same channel. Ultimately, I want some way so my timers only find new episodes.

Carrying on with my example, I see the #TITLE value is "Mom" and the #SUBTITLE value is "New". What I think I'd like is to modify #TITLE so it adds (concatenates) #SUBTITLE and/or some additional text, but only if #SUBTITLE = "New". In the end, #TITLE would become something like "Mom (New)" or "Mom *".
Not too sure if WebEPG can even do that. You're gonna have to check the WebEPG templates wiki for that

I know zap2xml/mc2xml can do that but that's about it really.

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Jean,

I'm not sure WebEPG can do it either... I looked through all of the wiki templates and instructions. I saw the "modify" command, but it doesn't seem to be quite what I need.

FYI, I was using mc2xml but it stopped working for me a few days ago. I'm in Canada and zap2xml doesn't get the full channel listing.

Maybe I can get mc2xml or write a script to process the WebEPG output (as TVGuide.XML)... might make a nice COVID-lockdown project :unsure:

I do appreciate all the effort you went through to update the USTV grabber. I'll share my solution here if when I'm successful.

Take Care, WedgeCan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom