[Website] Get creative with Custom Lists! (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Quote from Justin, trakt admin:

Get creative with Custom Lists!
    Just released a very cool new feature, custom lists! trakt already has built in support for your watchlist, collection, loved and hated items. Now you can create your own custom lists and fill them with whatever content you would like. If you've ever used twitter lists, this will be a familiar workflow to you.

Lists are available under your profile in a new section. All lists you have created will show up here. You can drag them around to order them however you'd like. The order will be reflected when other's view your lists. You can add, edit, and delete lists from this screen as well.

View my lists as an example: justin's Lists - trakt

Screen_Shot_2011-09-26_at_12.56.42_PM_inline.png

Adding a new list is simple, just name it, give an optional (but recommended) description, and choose the privacy level. Public will be viewable by anyone assuming your profile is also public. Friends is only for approved friends. Private is only for you.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-26_at_12.59.59_PM_inline.png

Adding items to your lists is also simple. View any movie, show, season, or episode page and click the +List button.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-26_at_12.58.46_PM_inline.png

You'll get a popup and simply select each list you want the item on.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-26_at_12.59.26_PM_inline.png

After you add some items, view your list and see everything you have added. Drag the items around to order them however you want. Others viewing your list will see this order. Remove an item by hovering over it and clicking the X.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-26_at_1.00.30_PM_inline.png

This feature will help you keep track of pretty much anything you want - movies you love from a specific actor, the most epic show premieres you've seen, a mix of all movies and shows you loved growing up. You can have a lot of fun creating and sharing your lists with everyone.

API Note: The lists API is coming soon. The manage methods to add/update/delete a list and add/delete items for a list are working and documented. The API methods to retrieve a user's lists and items for a specific list are coming soon.

You can follow this update on the Trakt forums here, be sure to thank the trakt admins for this great addition.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My Lists: ltfearme's Lists - trakt

I look forward to this feature as it evolves, will be keeping a close eye on the API and we will do what we can to get this feature fully supported from the MediaPortal GUI...stay tuned ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sneak Peak of Custom Lists for next version of Trakt plugin. You can view your own lists and friends lists, you can create, delete update and even copy lists.

Take a close look at the contents of image 2, you can have movies, shows, seasons and episodes all in the same list!

Attachments

• Lists.jpg
      Lists.jpg
      109.4 KB
    • ExampleList.jpg
      ExampleList.jpg
      214.4 KB

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    My Lists: ltfearme's Lists - trakt

I look forward to this feature as it evolves, will be keeping a close eye on the API and we will do what we can to get this feature fully supported from the MediaPortal GUI...stay tuned ;)

The trakt plugin is already awesome ltfearme, can't wait for this addition. Custom trakt lists can be used to control various aspects of FlexGet automation, it will be awesome to edit them directly from MediaPortal. :)

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now if only there was an automated way to make the lists. Like Pixar or Disney or Lionsgate, if I was starting a new collection this would be AMAZING but I am to lazy to start...maybe bored days at work would be a good time.
    Trakt is really going well!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe one of your friends already have created the list...in which case you can just copy it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom