Weird MPEG-2 errors (1 Viewer)

MikBix

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Over the last few weeks I have some weird issues when MediaPortal wants to play MPEG-2 content e.g. tv shows recorded with Mediaportal. The TV show is recorded properly as I can play it with VLC or MediaCenter. Ever since I installed MP I was using FFDSHOW. The way I have setup my CODEC install for MP is:
- Use PowerDVD 10 codec for both Video & TV.
- Use FFDSHOW for all other codec requitrements.
- MPEG1 & MPEG2 codecs are "disabled" in FFDShow.

If I want to play the tv show in MP it might play fine today but tomorrow it might come up with Unable to play. Ts Mpeg video version 2 Mpeg audio version 1 layer 2

If I check this TV show in Graphstudio it opens fine and that shows me that FFD is used for the TV shows AUDIO and Powerdvd as the codec. I can even play the show in GraphStudio.

As I said, it all is intermittent. What I do when MP wont play a recording is close MP, open the recording with GraphStudio or VLC, and play the show. Then open MP again and most of the time it then works.
What I also noticed is that when MP gives me the error, I',m not able to go look at MP \ Settings \ TV Setup and select the MPEG-2 codec. All other codecs are selectable and if I click on those, they give me a dropdown list of possible codecs. Clicking on MPEG-2 doesn't do anything at all.

Any ideas or hints?

MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Windows 7 Sp1
CPU Type:
HDD: WD 2TB
Memory: 4Gb
Motherboard: Asrock
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 2200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would run filmerit (link in signature), see if it finds any directshow errors, also might be worthwhile trying to see if problem happens with M$ codecs.

After that LOGS

MikBix

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    I would run filmerit (link in signature), see if it finds any directshow errors, also might be worthwhile trying to see if problem happens with M$ codecs.

After that LOGS

Thanks, I'll give that a go today but I doubt that will show any errors. All file formats play fine outside Mediaportal. Mediaportal just seems to forget which codec to use for MPEG-2 files. But will try anyway.

M

MikBix

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    No errors reported via Filmerit. Also, would a codec issue prevent me from changing the codec in MP itself via MP \ Settings \ TV Setup and select the MPEG-2 codec. All other codecs are selectable and if I click on those, they give me a dropdown list of possible codecs. Clicking on MPEG-2 doesn't do anything at all.
    It is an intermittent issue. Let' say it works now, I can watch a movie or recorded TV. If I close MP afterwards and start it again the same movie or recording fails. A shutdown and restart of the computer is usually the only fix. It almost looks like MP is loosing it settings every now and then.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom