Weird Video Not Playing Issue (1 Viewer)

squidina

Portal Member
August 5, 2005
Hey Guys,

I've been using MediaPortal for a long time without any major issues ( apart from those which were user caused ) but in the last day I've had a very strange issue I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

When I try and play a video either TV show, recorded TV or movie through MP it thinks about it for a second flicks up a black screen and then returns to the menu. If I remote into the box as the same user, or any other user for that matter, the video plays as expected. As I say this only started happening in the past 24 hours or so, and as far as I can see nothing has been updated in the background, etc. apart from Windows Defender which I doubt could be the issue.

I was using StreamedMP as the skin, so I tried doing a completely fresh install and using Titan in case that helped, but it's still giving the same issue.

Logs are attached, and there seems to be a recurring error seems to be a VolumeHandler one. Not sure what that means, and couldn't find anything in searching.

If anyone has any ideas on where I can start looking into this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks -- Stuart

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Stuart

At the time your log files were created, the only system audio device/output I can see is the "Remote Audio" device. I doubt MP would be able to play anything with that. Perhaps you disabled an audio device or need to install some drivers?

squidina

Portal Member
    August 5, 2005
    I messed around with the sound, and it all worked fine via the playback devices. Weirdly enough I tried to play a video through MP on a whim and it is all working fine. Maybe somehow I "tricked" Windows 10 into realising that the sound does work.

As an aside, when I run the sound troubleshooter it continues to complain that the playback device is not plugged in.

Appreciate your help, I'm going to give you the win on this one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom