What about CI+ ? (1 Viewer)

Are there tunercards available with CI+?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's a pity this is for terrestrical only... I think this would be an export hit like Abba :) if this could be used with SAT also...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I could be wrong, but, I don't think that it's the CI+ interface that is the problem. I believe that the issue is paring and CI+ allow for this. But the providers can decide if they want to use it or not. In Sweden the terrestrical provider do not use it but sat providers do. This can of course change over time and I will not be able to use the gear that work now if Boxer decide to turn on paring further on.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A combination of a DVB S2 tuner card plus CI extension card plus CAM plus a certain HD+ smartcard will work for German HD+ TV. So there could be a combination which is working for other countries too. The other thing is that for example quality of German HDTV HD+ signal is nearly as bad as SDTV and as such not worth the money spent on the extra hardware :p

minhasp

August 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Viet Nam Viet Nam
    hello everyone,
    I also have a DVB-T/T2/C tuner ( model name is tbs5881, CI slot)
    I scan and watch free to air channels fine.

Can I use which Cam module to decrypt TV channels in my country ( they also sell CAM CI+ module to watch on some modern TV, their system is Nagravision)

should I buy it,
    or buy a normal nagravision CAM ( not CI+ CAM ) then put their smart card into.

thanks very much,

btw: how can I watch these channels
    K+ on Vinasat 1 at 132.0°E - LyngSat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom