What about CI+ ? (1 Viewer)

Are there tunercards available with CI+?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recommend you complain to your provider and don't buy it.
    If that would help!
    I'm getting the internet connection from my tv cable company (maybe you heard of DOCSIS) and there is an HD package included. After awhile they added ECM Postprocessing for some HD channels to enforce some of the CI+ restrictions known from HD+ in the Sat world and now I can't watch these HD channels anymore with my HTPC (not that problem, because I don't care much about RTL & Pro7).

I called my cable company and complained about that fact because I was afraid that this will also affect the sky channels in the future, her answer was: "There is nothing I can do about...".
    Also as they asked me some time later if I would be interested in more HD channels I answered: "only if there is no ECM postprocessing on these channels". She didn't even know what I was talking about this time....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    She didn't even know what I was talking about this time....
    If it were me, I would ask to speak to the supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't understand, ask to speak to the super-supervisor etc. ... and keep asking until you find somebody that understands. :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it were me, I would ask to speak to the supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't understand, ask to speak to the super-supervisor etc. ... and keep asking until you find somebody that understands.
    This is a stupid Company :/
    They also have free mobile Internet in the plan (for one sim card) using the O2 mobile Network, suddenly the Internet didn't worked and they told me for two weeks that there is an issue on their side. After the third week I got really angry and wanted to speak with the super visor, no chance.
    I also called O2 directly and they even told me there is no issue with the network!!
    O2 gave me the correct APN details, the ones send to the phone suddenly didn't worked anymore and UM couldn't tell me the correct ones, also no Information on the homepage only a link to request the configuration SMS which sends the wrong ones.
    After two more weeks I had to switch to the old APN details again, don't know what is wrong with these guys....

To make a long story short: The support there is absolutely crap, I wouldn't be a customer of this company if there would be another way to get a 50MBit/s Internet connection... Over copper I get max DSL ~7000 here :(

As I was at 1&1 I ones spoke with the supervisor and this solved all my problems, the support there was much much better :)

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your answers.

Too bad, so it's the end of a 6 years story watching TV with MediaPortal...

And of course my Set-Top Box is not as good as MediaPortal...

Any other ways to do something ? Even with "alternative" solutions ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for your answers.

Too bad, so it's the end of a 6 years story watching TV with MediaPortal...

And of course my Set-Top Box is not as good as MediaPortal...

Any other ways to do something ? Even with "alternative" solutions ?
    As I understand it, there are certain CAMs that can be used for CI+ in normal CI slots... but it might depend on the provider.
    The other option would be to use a blaster setup: use an analog tuner/capture card and connect the STB to the PC, then use MP + IRSS to control the STB. Obviously this is not ideal...

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Btw. any hints where one could get one of these ominous CAMs that enable you to view CI+ content in regular CI Slots? Or how they are called..

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So are all CI+ cams useless, or are they only useless if the provider "turns on the protection"?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    We just need a rich MP user who can afford spending 100$ on deltacam to test it with ci+. :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I use CI+ cam with TBS5881 with Swedish Boxer and that works fine also with HD channels. Boxer has not turned on pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom