What about Music? Why not something useful for mobile clients? (1 Viewer)

T^2

Portal Pro
December 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This isn't something particular to Mediaportal... So far I haven't seen any of the competition doing much in this arena either. I should stipulate however, the I haven't gotten around to XBMC or Plex (probably won't either due to lack of built in live TV support). So what am I after...? Some basic music collection interface functionality like being able to filter (on various criteria) and search to narrow down items of interest in a large collection. Be able to queue results of such filtering. Create playlist or play playlist. Randomizing and repeat. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found this capability in Media Center/Mediaportal/Media Browser type apps. To be a complete Mediaportal - it would seem that being able to usefully stream ones music collection to devices would be a given.

The only option that I'm seeing right now is to install another server/client application like Subsonic. It's unfortunate that this additional installation will be required. It would be nice to have one interface/portal for everything media.

Like I said, maybe I've missed this functionality somewhere. If so, can somebody enlighten me?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Eve has almost all of this, filtering is 'only' for genres though. Quick selection with direct jump to specific letter in artist view for easier handling of large collections. Search and handling of playlists exist. Its not released yet and will only be available for iPad, for now at least.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Eve has almost all of this, filtering is 'only' for genres though. Quick selection with direct jump to specific letter in artist view for easier handling of large collections. Search and handling of playlists exist. Its not released yet and will only be available for iPad, for now at least.

Sounds good... However, for me... I swim in Android circles and aMPdroid doesn't have this. We do have iOS devices in the house... but it would need to work on the iPhone to be useful in my situation.

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Your best option is probably then to ask dieBagger how you can contribute to make this available in future versions of aMPDroid.

mr_poopyhead

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i am also in the same boat, minus the streaming requirements... i just need an interface to browse and control the music player for MP on android.

i don't need to stream movies, TV and music TO my device... i just want to be able to find, and control music on MP without having to turn my TV on... something like the apps sonos, denon, etc. have for their network music players.

is there a plugin that can do this?

i've tried ampdroid, and it just does WAY too much for me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom