What are the highest priorities of MP? (1 Viewer)

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
I really appreciate work of all people connected with MP develompment. (If it was so simply possible I would send you any money through the bank as a gift :) Could I ask what are the highest priorities? Once as I tried the newest svn build the speed of the response was really not ideal. I know that was not optimised, but.... Im slightly worried that "features" are higher than quickness. Of course....on the 1st plase must be compatibility, but the second I would like to see the quickness......if necessary at the expense of the features. I know that you have been probably talking about the priorities.....just to ask

thank you for answer

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
which part wasn't "quick" enough for you ?
it is not importat which part.....it was generaly slower through remote control (Hauppauge 1300 even USB IR remote). O course the main word always have the stable versions. Just a question about priorities...

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My guess is he means that the GUI response is slow which is true. It does take MP several seconds to react when for example going from home->My Movies or My TV -> Recorded TV, even using a DX9 capable video card.

Personally i dont see it as that big an issue, im more interested in basics like reliability and subtitle support for example :)

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My guess is he means that the GUI response is slow which is true. It does take MP several seconds to react when for example going from home->My Movies or My TV -> Recorded TV, even using a DX9 capable video card.
    That's not caused by the graphics engine, that's caused by the data being read and processed from the databases, for example. It's the inits that just take a bit. Well, that's the drawback of having most of the stuff in the main thread. That will change. So this problem will also solve itself over time.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    How is this a support question...

Seems more suited to Talk or similar. Maybe this is not a big deal, but if you were looking for support maybe the question should be "How can I improve response speed?" or similar. I think some work was being done on optimising the database with indices and the like a while ago, but it never really lead anywhere. I think this was mainly to do with the Music database as well.

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    How is this a support question...

Seems more suited to Talk or similar. Maybe this is not a big deal, but if you were looking for support maybe the question should be "How can I improve response speed?" or similar. I think some work was being done on optimising the database with indices and the like a while ago, but it never really lead anywhere. I think this was mainly to do with the Music database as well.

general responce, general priorities ---> general support :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom