What do you think of my skin i'm designing? (1 Viewer)

What do you think of the skin?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

:D Hello, I just registered here to MediaPortal, brand new to the community! Nice to meet you all!Well I came from the forums at xbox-scene.com, I posted a topic & poll there :

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=286235

(This is what the dashboard looks so far)...
XBMC2004.jpg

If your too lazy to read the above link, its okay! I'll try summarizing it here...I'm in the process of creating a Xbox Media Center skin...I do not know how to code XML, I can only create graphic art, so I am having someone code XML from my graphic art. There, thats all ;)

at xbox-scene.com, I got some positive feedback, so I am in the final stages of this skin, and will be sending my final art work to a person who knows how to code XML on WEDNESDAY (because I dont know how), and hopefully he will have it done by SUNDAY (1 week from now)...but before I wrap up this skin, I would like some final feedback/suggesitons on the skin from other forums, like you guys. Again, I'm sending it to him on WEDNESDAY, So if you have any final comments, suggestions, let me know in the next few days! Thank you so much guys,
:lol:
-NineT9

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Welcome NineT9mustang:

Your pic doesn´t seem to work but I went into the thread you delivered.
    The screens there (page 4) show great artwork.

Do you only want our opinion on the layout?
    Or do you plan to develop a skin/ (do a port of the skin) for Mediaportal, too?

Do you know there is a competition for new skin ideas running at the moment.?
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2037

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply tomtom21000!

Your pic doesn't seem to work
    I'm not sure why this is? I'm going to look into it, Maybe its the website that hosts it?

Do you only want our opinion on the layout?
    The layout, anything really, I'm just interested in opinions/suggestions/etc

Do you plan to develop a skin (do a port of the skin) for mediaportal too?
    Well, Like I said earlier, I "only" am capable of doing graphic art, from there, anyone that wants to create this skin for anything is welcome to, I will provide all sprites needed, but I won't be doing any type of dashboard creation...to be honest, I actually do not even know what MediaPortal is lol, I just ran into this website on accident, and noticed the community

Do you know there is a competition for new skin ideas running at the moment?
    That seems very interesting to participate in! I wish I knew how to create the dashboard and not just the graphic art, otherwise I'd love to go for the contest! Like I said before, I can only create graphic art :(

Well, thanks for the help and compliment! I apreciate it! We'll see what happens!

-NineT9[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Your image looks fantastic. Id like to see an XBMC and Mediaportal skin of this style.

A

Anonymous

;)

Thank you bionic donkey! I'll have to add some excitement to it, something that stands out a little more, maybe make the chrome circular piece in the middle a tad larger...

I'll try to take your advice and implement it, unless I'm otherwise told not to by other people...keep em votes and comments coming! Thank you guys

-NineT9mustang

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    To give you an idea about mediaportal and the artwork needed for a complete skin take a look here:

http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

mediaportal is evolved from xbmc and is win PC based, so it has xbmc functionality plus TV plus VCR plus?
    never used xbmc, so i hope i put it right..

Maybe u want to install mediaportal to get a better impression?

tomtom21000

Bodo 960

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Koblenz
    Hello,
    i like the Style of your work.

Only the big white Area on tho top looks too "clean". A little light blue or something you want makes it perhaps "completely".

Go on ....it´s good.

Bodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom