What is Media Browser 3? (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I have seen a lot of recent excitement, on the various HTPC forums, about Media Browser 3.

However, to my shame, I am not really sure what it is. (despite having a good look at their website).

I am currently using Argus TV as my backend and use a mixture of Mediaportal and XBMC client's - is Media Browser something that I should even consider? I.e. is it just a plugin or an alternative piece of HTPC software?

Any guidance as to this new bit of software would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks v much.

A

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I would say you would get the best answer from people in the media browser 3 forums not mediaportal ? although there is a plugin for mediaportal.
    Its just like a plex alternative really.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From my point oft view mb3 is far superior to MP 1.6 and in terms of media management - correct me if i am wrong - even superior to MP 2 alpha be cause mb3 media is managed via web Browser.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    what has browser management got to do with it, if mp is configured correctly you never have to manage the media it is all automatic, plus if you use mp for live tv its far better.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In every aspect of life i have given up the idea of perfect Automation without user input. There will always be a Situation where user interaction is requiered. And for those cases web based administration is better than what MP has to offer at the Moment - someone can still watch TV while i make changes over the Browser in the same Maschine.
    However MP is still the overall far superior Programm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom