What is the "safe" hardware to buy ?? (2 Viewers)

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Marcusb said:
all you have to do is to copy your MediaPortal directory to a back up before you install the CVS. If there is a problem, then copy the old directory back in.

I've only ever installed one CVS (last week, after some very positive reports, I wanted to see if my tearing issue had magically disappeared).
When I copied the old directory back in, I started getting .NET errors. I had to re-register directshowhelper.dll and then everythng was OK, but now I feel like I have a "damaged" MP install...! Not to worry, I will be doing a "re-image" soon as part of further testing....

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    when you copy back the old directory, make sure you run the Start.bat from the old version.

Another approach that Smirnoff (I think) suggested was to have the proper MP directory and a testing MP directory. they can both run together (not at the same time of course). Just start whichever one you want. Production or test. they can live along side each other quite happily and you don't need to worry about the start batch file either.

I've never had .net errors after copying anything though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom