What mpeg-2 and h.264 codec on Vista with X1250 (1 Viewer)

RonnieB

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I tried CoreAVC as the H264 codec, but with that I introduced problems with audio synchronisation. Cyberlink H264 works best for me. With Radlight I have corected the merits, so now it only loads playing HD material. As far as I can see it does use HW decoding, because when I turn it off, quality is degraded significantly. National Geohraphic is broadcasted here in 1080i and works fine, smooth live TV, no tearing and no shocking or stutter.

Lots

Is this cyberlink H264 codec included in the powerdvd 8 ultra version? i have installed it, and selected the cyberlink codec, but still i have shocking when i play 1080p content.

entrecour

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ray,

I believe you are also running Vista Ultimate 32bit. What codec set-up do you use for H264 TV channels?

Video freezes for me after a second or so. I use CoreAVC 1.7.

Thanks!

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I tried CoreAVC as the H264 codec, but with that I introduced problems with audio synchronisation. Cyberlink H264 works best for me. With Radlight I have corected the merits, so now it only loads playing HD material. As far as I can see it does use HW decoding, because when I turn it off, quality is degraded significantly. National Geohraphic is broadcasted here in 1080i and works fine, smooth live TV, no tearing and no shocking or stutter.

Lots

Is this cyberlink H264 codec included in the powerdvd 8 ultra version? i have installed it, and selected the cyberlink codec, but still i have shocking when i play 1080p content.

Maybe you ask too much from your system, if you also send it out as 1080P, furthermore you should check the following:

Make sure vertical sync is Always On (sometimes called Wait for vertical refresh or something) (check in your graphics card driver software setup)

Make sure the the outgoing frequency matches your TV frequency, (PAL=50Hz, so set your output also to 50Hz or a multiple of that)

Turn off Hardware accelleration if your graphics card does not support it (In mediaportal Configuration)

If your graphic card supports Enhanced video rendering (EVR), turn on EVR in stead of VMR9 (Set in Mediaportal Configuration)

If your TV is less the 42 Inches, 720P is enough to get the best picture quality, If you still experience shocking images, lower the signal to 720P might give you the most improvement.

Last but not least, make sure your antenne signal (if you use cable or Satelite) is at least 75%
    (I had many shocking and blocking experiences in the beginning, when I found out the cable was crap, and the signal was less then 60% in quality, I replaced the coax cable, and installed a signal amplifier, and all suddenly worked like a charm!.. so a good signal is VERY important!!)

I hope this helps,

Lots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom