What should I focus on next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thommie

Portal Member
January 2, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Will the new interface make any difference for us users? Like new features?

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
I would really like a way to access the configuration dialog for myTVseries while MP is running.

This is basically cos I would like to be organizing/renaming files while remoted into the HTPC from my laptop, while my wife is watching TV. :)

Currently I have to shut down MP to access the configuration dialog. Or can you already do that somehow and I'm just being clueless?

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I would really like a way to access the configuration dialog for myTVseries while MP is running.

This is basically cos I would like to be organizing/renaming files while remoted into the HTPC from my laptop, while my wife is watching TV. :)

Currently I have to shut down MP to access the configuration dialog. Or can you already do that somehow and I'm just being clueless?

I don't thik it's possible in XP, I know it's possible in windows server. the problem is that XP only can handle 1 user at a time.

MP can't run configuration and the grafix at the same time

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Actually you can set up XP to allow two users logged in at the same time. Of course you need to set up two accounts.

My config has one account that automatically logs in and runs MP when the PC boots.

There is also another account I have set up that I use when remoting in.

Here are instructions to set up concurrent logins: Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions in Windows XP SP2 | Sig9

Anyway, I understand that you don't want to be messing with the MP configuration while MP is running, but surely the tvseries plugin configuration could be run while MP is executing?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Since you can't open MP configuration while MP is running, you also can't open the plugin configuration form. The only way around this would be to deliver an exe that opens the form and runs independendly of mp configuration.

But, the plugin in MP runs under the assumption that certain options cannot be changed while it's running after the initial load, so many things wouldn't update anyways. Then you would have two applications acces the db at the same time (locks) which sqllite is not made for, so in short....it's not designed to do that.

Little update on thetvdb.com:
    The site is back up, on a new hosts with multiple strong mirror offerings which should be set up soon. The old interfaces are working too for the time being, but will be shut off in about a months time, by which time all users will have to upgrade.
    As a result, we are not rushing the release of an updated version of the plugin. We are making good progress though and only have a few things left to implement, and then test of course. I'm confident we'll get that done soon.

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The next thing i struggle with is

Play an *.avi with more than one Audio streams, i only get all at the same time.

I dont know if this are missing features or bugs :confused:

Install Haali Media Splitter, that should do the trick. Otherwise, there is an option in ffdshow which allows you to choose audio streams....

mcbelly

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Some shows don't seem to get added to my database anymore. american dad, family guy, simpsons and prison break. Not sure why but they all have one thing in common that is that I download them every week then delete them.
    (rev 276)
    Thanks for the season cover cycle, Inker! :D

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since you can't open MP configuration while MP is running, you also can't open the plugin configuration form. The only way around this would be to deliver an exe that opens the form and runs independendly of mp configuration.

When I had a problem with MP Configuration.exe I learnt that after a reinstall from MPI installer, the setup for this great plugin can be seen.
    I ended up with a couple of instances in Add/remove programs, but it was a workaround working for me at that moment.
    (Now configuration is up and ok.)

/Niclas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom