What simple IR blaster (for STB channel changing only) should I buy? (1 Viewer)

Karyudo

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've got two Colossus cards and two oldish Motorola STBs feeding my TV server, and am having major trouble getting SageChanger (STB channel changing over FireWire) to work properly with IRSS.

If I give up and go to an IR solution, what simple and cheap IR blaster should I get for my TV server setup? (The sole purpose would be STB channel-changing; I've got an HTPC in the living room already set up with a remote.)

The Iguanaworks dual-port blaster looks pretty good (http://iguanaworks.net/products/usb-ir-transceiver/), but I can't tell for sure if it works with IRSS. And I'd be just as happy with an even cheaper solution that's known to work...

Cpoc

Portal Member
January 7, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Usb-uirt works perfectly with irss. Get the upgrade model this way its good for all stb's. However irss only supports 1 usb-uirt which means you can use up to 3 stb's. 2 external blasters and the internal one of usb-uirt.

Karyudo

Portal Member
January 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Too late! I bought the Iguanaworks IR transceiver. Trying to figure out how to make it all work. It's not very plug-and-play. Although I didn't really expect it would be, since WinLIRC started in the notoriously user-unfriendly realm of Linux.

Cpoc

Portal Member
January 7, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Usb-uirt is very easy to setup. Just need driver and done. As for IRSS setup it also is very easy only problem is it only supports 1 usb-uirt and I have 4 stbs that I want to use. I know event ghost supports 2 usbuirts only wish they would port over that code and get dual support with usb-uirt in IRSS.[DOUBLEPOST=1384286182][/DOUBLEPOST]Post a reply if you get it to work with Iguanaworks IR transceiver and IRSS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom