Whats wrong with MCE (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    hoppy said:
    I know a lot of people have been giving MP a hard time over stability, but I think the RC4 is pretty awesome.

I agree with this, since RC4 was released I dont remember seeing any failed recordings at all and I havent had a crash since way back in RC2. The multi card problems that were present a while back are gone and Ive had nothing but perfect recordings (using 3 tuners at the sametime). Family members have been pretty damn pleased too :D

Flash

Portal Member
    March 25, 2006
    compro said:
    [
    What makes MP's TV Module better than ComproDTV 2.7.0.6? :?:

Apples and oranges. If I'm reading it right, ComproDTV (want to declare an interest with that nick? :) ) only works with Compro hardware and thus most of us are going to be unable to compare the two products.

Regardless of functionality, I can answer that MP works with most tuners. The UI and functionality is also /way/ better than Huappauge, Twinhan and Avermedia's bundled viewers (the only ones I have experience of).

There seems to be a competition between tuner card software developers that they must make the UI as incomprehensible as possible. MCE and MP resolve that issue by being hardware independant (and sane). SageTV also had a good UI but didn't work for me. Ditto BeyondTV.

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    Apples and oranges. If I'm reading it right, ComproDTV (want to declare an interest with that nick? :) ) only works with Compro hardware and thus most of us are going to be unable to compare the two products.

Regardless of functionality, I can answer that MP works with most tuners. The UI and functionality is also /way/ better than Huappauge, Twinhan and Avermedia's bundled viewers (the only ones I have experience of).

There seems to be a competition between tuner card software developers that they must make the UI as incomprehensible as possible. MCE and MP resolve that issue by being hardware independant (and sane). SageTV also had a good UI but didn't work for me. Ditto BeyondTV.

hey maun, what are you like saying maun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom