What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (3 Viewers)

vadik78

Portal Member
July 6, 2005
1. Engine redesign (improved performance and stability)
2. MP as a service (GUI do not have to be up and running on your PC for have MP output to TV; recording starting without MP running; MP working without bugs [buffer being cleaned out upon minimize, pause is disabled when minimized, various remote buttons do not work while being minimized] while in tray mode)
3. Client/server architecture
4. more donations for MP team
5 more positive feedback for MP team, and less complaining :)

xclocked

Portal Pro
August 8, 2005
Sydney, Australia
An X-Lite plugin for VOIP.

And

Don't you all hate it when you're watching TV and you fall asleep, then all of the sudden you get awoken by it! That's why TV's have the easy to use sleep timers where you press a button and it will add the amount of minutes till shut down.

If I knew how to code I'd program the plugin, but I can't Sad. So, I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to create a plugin, so that each time you press a button, it will add about 15 minutes to the shutdown. The main use of this plugin would be for TV or Movies.

It gets really annoying using that standard feature where I have to get out of MY TV/My Movies just to turn the timer on!
!

I posted that before in the Plugins forum. Hope you will add those to the list ;).

Thanks!

bobm512z

May 26, 2006
Another vote for Closed Captions

This is one feature I need. My wife is always on the PCHT becuse it has poor closed captioning. Add this and all is well.

Bob

SOS_Denmark

Portal Member
April 3, 2006
Wishes:

1. DVB-T subtitles
2. Picture-in-Picture / Picture-and-Picture
3. Speed (Microsoft changes channels 4-5 times faster than MP)

cashel

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
Ocala, FL USA
my two biggest requests are:

channel gap support (so when we enter channel 500, we don't go to the 500th channel in the MP database, but the actual channel 500)

speeding up of the MP program in general

I also wouldn't mind seeing the PVR feature reorganized a little, it's a bit confusing for someone who hasn't used it before.

Everything else I'd like to see has been said already.

keep up the good work!

miljbee

Portal Pro
November 11, 2005
Orléans, France
Home Country
France France
1 - Fastest DVB-T Channel Switching :
It has been recently greatly improved, but it must be even faster

2a - Support of any remote control with Microsoft remote control receiver :
i know that this can be achieved with hip, but it is the same than using the keyboard. Controling MP with the keyboard is difficult because this part of MP is not customizable. I mean you can't tell mp what to to with a keystroke depending of what mp is doing.

2b - more flexible keyboard control (we should be able to configure the key of the keyboard the same way than the key of the hauppauge remote control for exemple)

3 - ability to decide to keep a TV Show when it is timeshifted :
You are watching tV, timeshifting is on with a 90 min buffer. at the end of the curently playing show, you decide that you want to keep this show. You can't, even if the data are in the memory of the computer ....

4 - Better Screen size adjustment, overscan conpensation, ...

4a - you can set values to compensate overscan. the problem is that this values doesn't apply to mp gui/skin, only to video and TV. overscan compensation should apply to ALL mp. same thing for aspect ratio.

4b - ability to progressively zoom in/out the whole screen at any time.
it would be very usefull when you watch movies that are wider that your screen. you could decide precisely the side parts of the video that you accept to lose to reduce upper and lower black bars.
It would also be usefull for photos.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
3 - ability to decide to keep a TV Show when it is timeshifted :
You are watching tV, timeshifting is on with a 90 min buffer. at the end of the curently playing show, you decide that you want to keep this show. You can't, even if the data are in the memory of the computer ....

This is already possible. Perhaps it's buggy I don't know but the feature is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom