When Blu-ray plays, Mediaportal fails to record/play TV (1 Viewer)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have upgraded to MediaPortal V1.1.0.0 from V1.0.2.0, and found that when I have a recorded TV scheduled (and subsequently records, while I am watching a Blu-Ray, the scheduled programme no longer records, and after I have finish watching Blu-ray and then watch TV, TV no longer display, the only solution to this is to reboot the PC and this clears the problem, but then the scheduled recorded programme has never happened.

I have been running Mediaportal V1.0.2.0 for a year on a stable system (which has not changed, I always had blu-ray), and this version always reliably record a scheduled programme, and I am able to switch to TV with no problem after watching a Blu-ray.

In order to prevent this problem occuring I have to ensure that when I watch a Blu-ray, that I have no scheduled programme is being recorded.

I am unable to produce a log, because blu-ray wont play within Mediaportal (never has, DVD yes), so I have to exit Mediaportal, and play Blu-ray using PowerDVD V9. This has never been a problem before (using V1.02.0) i.e. Mediaportal continues to work recording the schedule programe and is able to play TV after I have finished.

Any ideas what may have caused this?

MediaPortal Version V1.1.0.0:
    MediaPortal Skin - default (Blue Wide):
    Windows Version - Vista - Service Pack 2:
    CPU Type - Pentium Dual-Core 2.80Ghz:
    HDD - Sata 2 x 500GB striping (Raid 0):
    Memory - 2GB:
    :
    Video Card - ATI:
    Video Card Driver - V8.753:
    Sound Card - builtin:
    Sound Card AC3: