when changing to TV monitor playback is lagging, needs restart :( (1 Viewer)

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use Mediaportal on my HTPC with an extra monitor where I perform my PC tasks.

Because It did not seem to work to have Mediaportal working in an extended desktop setup (former post) I was used to use window + P command to change display when using my Mediaportal. A small bother that worked fine.

However since a few months after switching monitors (to TV screen) Mediaportal is lagging.. I allready notice it from the first scrolling through the MP homescreen it lags and is not fluent.. Only after a restart from the TV monitor the scrolling and playback works fine again..

The fact that I am not able to simply use Mediaportal from the get go on a secondary monitor along my PC performing, together with a necessary full restart to use Mediaportal makes me come to you wizards again.. Hopefully you will be able to find a solution for this second problem!

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if it will help, but if you are using MP 1.3.0, try using the experimental dshowhelper from here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-1-3-x-dshowhelper-development.113014/#post-921629 - with registry setting 'EnableDWMQueuedMode' = 1 (and maybe 'NumDWMBuffers' = 4)

THanks for responding! I am using the latest stable release 1.2.3.0.
    Strange thing is that the lagging allready appears when only operating within mediaportal without playback.. Any other media player plays just fine by the way when I change to the TV as the single monitor..

Do you think that changing to rc 1.3 would make a difference?

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you tried changing the 'Idle action' setting or disabling the 'Idle timer' here - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...iaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI/4_Screensaver_*

Is it just the GUI which is slow ? - does video playback work OK ?

Thanks for answering! going through the menu shows the pictures when scrolling through lists a tiny bit delayed.. This is the first indication that also playback will lag.. Not just a little but unwatchable.. It is not random but just everytime I switch to my TV screen to use mediaportal.. Restarting from the TV screen as monitor will do the trick but is a real bother..

I will switch of this Idle option in the GUI to see if that works!

UPDATE: switching off the idle option makes no difference!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom