When minimising to tray on exit, skin remains displayed (1 Viewer)

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
March 23, 2006
New Zealand/Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3$CVS-14.04.2006-14:28:08,20
(2006-04-14)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: KT600-8237
TV Card Model: ATI 550 PRO
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

When minimising to tray on exit, skin remains displayed. works after several attempts of opening/closing.

Works fine if nothing has been playing before minimising. It only happens with live/replay tv/epg/music or radio has been playing.

Used to work ok, it only apeared in a cvs around 01/04/06.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    zxcvbnm2

Sounds like a corrupt installation, can you reinstall (after deleting everything in the mediaportal folder, pain i know) with the svn from 15th april installed and then run setup.

hope this helps

8)

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sounds like a corrupt installation

I don't agree. To me this sounds like a bug that has been with me ever since the excellent option "minimize to tray on exit" was introduced.
    Whenever I exit MP with this option checked and video playing I have the same problem - the user interface stays on screen and hides windows desktop. The problem has been there throughout versions and I am currently experiencing it on a clean install of RC3. I also have friends using MP and they are all having the same problem.

I am glad this problem is being raised since it is what is keeping my girlfriend from using MP. If she exits MP while accidently still playing video, the whole computer becomes unusable until I can come and "save" her. Have still not seen it mentioned in Mantis either.

tein

Portal Member
    February 12, 2006
    Sweden
    To me this is a bug that came with RC3 or one of the first RC3 SVNs. The user interface stays on the screen. But just the picture hiding the "real" screen. If I play around with the mouse the computer acts on my actions on the desktop but I only see the old MP screen. If I'm loging in the VNC-server I will see the real screen - the desktop. To me it seems that the MP-directX-interface still hogging the graphics-card so that windows/explorer can't show it's interface.

But I think that this has been solved or at least been better from SVNs from 15 or 16 of april, but there is another (more or less related) problem that came up around the same time (in RC3 or one of the first RC3 SVNs). Sometimes when I exit fullscreen (and the interface dissapears) and right-click MP-icon in the taskbar and choose exit. MP don't exit fully. I have to exit MP through task manager.

I havent had this problems with any CVS before RC3.

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2006
    New Zealand/Whangarei
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got it working again by going back to cvs-04-01-2006--17-20.

Tried everything from starting fresh MP install, to even reinstalling windows, but with no sucsess. I even gave RC4 a go but the keyboard/remote MCE keys won't work at all with it.

I'm going to try it on a XP MCE2005 install and see if I have better luck

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    I have experienced this sometimes, I think it depends on weather you have "exclusive DX mode" enabled or not - try experimenting with this setting on/off?

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2006
    New Zealand/Whangarei
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well it didn't work with MCE2005, had the same problems with RC3 not closing and RC4 with the remote not working.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fixes for the MCE remote losing focus. Only other thing I can think of is the remote/receiver aren't genuine Microsoft, but they worked fine before.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well it didn't work with MCE2005, had the same problems with RC3 not closing and RC4 with the remote not working.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fixes for the MCE remote losing focus. Only other thing I can think of is the remote/receiver aren't genuine Microsoft, but they worked fine before.
    Do you say that your non-Microsoft receiver does not work with RC4 and later? If this is the case, please start a new thread in "Hardware Support", maybe I got a solution for that problem that non-Microsoft receivers don't get recognized by MP. Let's not hijack this thread for that purpose, pls.

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Problem still open?

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with my MP installation (latest CVS): when I exit fullscreen I still got MediaPortal displayed on top of everything else.

I do believe this bug is related to "exclusive mode", but if I turn it off I got tearing during video playback.

I saw this in the changelog "exclusive fullscreen mode not stopped when stopping video, this makes itunes behave bad" which I expected to fix my problem as well... but it doesn't.

Any hope to see this bug fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom