[solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The user does not have to administer the pictures, the plugin does everything automatically, once configured and that's it. This is how the plugin works for me for a long time.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Although the duplicate detection works really fine and is very useful, there are Fanarts which I want to hide e. g.
    • similar pictures (cut out)
    • mirrored pictures
    • not nice
    • bad quality
    With a high Fanart count the risk for unwanted pictures rises.
    So I check each downloaded Fanart and delete unwanted Fanarts.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Either set the flag not to show fanart, or manually add to the blacklist ...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Or reduce the number of fanart to 5 and not have problems.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    That's the way I do it, it's circumstantial. But I can live with it.
    It was just an improvement suggestion.
    If you put a note not to show Fanart, then it makes no sense to add them to the blacklist, they should not be reloaded, and so, because the source is registered with them.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this approach works for sure.
    But the access to a 90MB database on a remote media PC is very slow. And the files to be disabled need to be looked up in the file share first, searched in the DB and then be disabled. And, in the File Explorer there's no overview which Fanarts are disabled.
    I was looking for a more convenient, user-friendly solution to delete and block unwanted Fanarts on a remote media PC.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But the access to a 90MB database on a remote media PC is very slow
    Slow? According to my testing, all requests are instant, except for creating static statistics by providers, they are just very fast.
    And the files to be disabled need to be looked up in the file share first
    In the configurator there is a preview of the pictures ... And in my opinion their performance characteristics.
    I was looking for a more convenient, user-friendly solution to delete and block unwanted Fanarts on a remote media PC.
    When you delete a file, the blacklist associated with it is cleared. Deleting files means that this file is not needed, but this does not mean that it will not be needed the next time you play music for this artist.
    It does not lend itself to automation, it is monotonous manual labor. If you reduce the number of necessary pictures, you can get the desired result in an automatic mode and minimize manual intervention. All the same, all sites do not contain as many pictures as you need. You can disable providers and leave only Fanart TV, then the quality of the pictures will be better.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't get me wrong, FH works really fine! (y)
    The recent changes have improved the user experience and operation very much.
    Assumedly I'm your biggest fan. :)

The requirements depend on the use case and the user's preference (claim).
    Apparently yours are different than mine. :)

In my use case FH runs on a media PC which is connected to my sound system and TV. Usually I only use the remote control to operate, and no keyboard and mouse. I remotely access the FH file share and database to maintain about 9,000 Fanarts.
    The way to open the Fanart maintenance user interface is long winded and MediaPortal needs to be stopped every time.
    Even at the time when the maximum number of Fanarts per artist was set to ten I had Fanarts which I wanted to disable (see reasons mentioned above). And I love to see many Fanarts, now that the maximum Fanart number has been increased to 100. Most of the downloaded files are nice, only some not. And for those I was looking for a simple, convenient way to delete and block them remotely.
    If you think that my suggestion means no benefit for the FH users I will respect that and live with the circumstance.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have the same way of using it, only the remote control, only the TV, and that’s it. All image files are on the server, the database is local. If suddenly I need to remove any picture, then I just put a sign in the database from another computer (at the moment when there is no database update). In 95% of cases, this works fine. I have not visited the configurator for a very long time, since about 2018. All fanarts are scanned when starting Media Portal, fanarts at the time of playing are scanned only for Radio, because for artists from the music database they already are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom